August 2012 Moms
Options

What have you done for me lately?

What has your kid done lately that surprised you?

J just threw a piece of trash in the trash can. I was like "I didn't know you knew how to do that!"
SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What have you done for me lately?

• Options
    This has been going on awhile but he sings Happy Birthday. It isn't the words but it is definitely the melody. The to you part sounds like, doo doo or tutu. 

He is trying to whistle. I didn't realize I absentmindedly whistle so much but I do, apparently. And he's trying to imitate. :)
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    DS knows the dog's name but instead of saying Ace, it's more like Acesh
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    He tasted oatmeal! After 7 months of trying, he finally gave it a taste...2 tiny spoonfuls and then refused anymore, but it's a start.
  • Options
    She was singing a part of Katy Perry's Roar while we were driving. Not the words but one of the sounds in the song. Not really sure how to write it out.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    Mina has been whistling recently. It's pretty cute and it's a nice change from barking at dogs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Maizey06 said:

Also, she will take a plastic bag and pretend to pick up dog poop when we take our dog for a walk.
    awesome! i keep saying to DH that i can't wait until our child is old enough to scoop the litterbox for us. ;)

i was surprised the other day when we went for a walk and took my mom's dog, and DS wanted to hold the leash and walk her.
  • Options
    @BPaws, I'm so sorry. :(

Babies totally know when we're sad.
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @BPaws.  I am so sorry.  Losing a pet is so emotional - they are part of the family.
    995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @BPaws sorry about your kitty. :( missed that the first time i came through here.
  • Options
    B actually put the stacking rings on the pole repeatedly instead of in her mouth. Then she immediately turned around and put the ball down the rainspout of her play house which she hadn't done on her own before. I know that's a milestone around now so NBD but I was still surprised since we haven't practiced in a while. I hope she like puzzles.

Her babbling sounds like Mrs Swan from mad TV. Doy-oy-oy-doy-ohhh. I'm all, when did you learn Japanese?

• Options
    MegispregMegispreg member
    edited September 2013
    She started saying night-night ( "nye nye") at the appropriate time. She saw a sleeping baby in a book, and told him night night. Also giving our dog hugs, which makes my heart explode from cuteness.
  • Options
    I love this age because they're starting to emulate everything.

I tell DS to go put a shirt from the laundry basket into the washer and he grabs the shirt from our bedroom, stomps across the house, opens the washer door and throws it in with authority. The last week or so, he's been slamming the door shut and yelling "AH DAHN!" at the top of his lungs, which I assume is all done.

• Options
    He started pretending to wash his hands, just randomly, and we were no where near a sink.

He can sometimes tell me where his head is, and on a good day, where his belly is.

And yesterday he just out of the blue started blowing kisses. I die.

• Options
    He took 4 unassisted steps about an hour ago. That kind of surprised me, since the most he's ever done is 2.

He also can climb up the couch now. He's not very mobile, so all of this is a huge surprise.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This will be in my head the rest of the day. 

• Options
    He likes to "help" me with laundry...which usually means unfolding everything I had just folded and throwing it all back in the basket!
    Howell loves throwing stuff in the dryer. If I put wet clothes into a basket, he will take them and throw them in the dryer. 

On another clothing related note, we took a shower together this morning and I was carrying my outfit with my robe on. He went to a clean clothes basket and got a pair of underwear out for me. Crazy kid. 

• Options
    Instead of throwing his sippy cup on the floor he actually put it in the holder on his high chair table! I hope he keeps this up! I hate the "If I drop it mommy will pick it up" game. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I say to Landen, "give mommy a kiss" and he will turn his head, open his mouth and give me a kiss! It melts my heart every time.

• Options
    Great topic! Well, he bit me today because I wouldn't let him play with the iPad. Also, he's just starting to cruise with furniture! @hls19 - the blowing on food thing is so cute, DS does it too

Anniversary
  • Options
    Today, DS handed me his sippy cup when he was finished and said "dah!" Which I take to mean "done."

I told DH, who then one-upped me and said DS put his sippy on the shelf in the fridge when he was done yesterday (where we put it when he's finished but there's still milk in it).
  • Options
    DS knows what can I have a kiss means and he will lean in to kiss! DH is out of town right now and we faced timed last night. DS smiled and laughed and said hi to daddy and he leaned in and kissed the screen twice without prompting. It melted me.
  • Options
    Charlotte dumped out all the shapes in her sorter and then put them all back in on her own. (Lid off.)
  • Options
    A few times this week DD has come over to me out of the blue to give me a kiss. It almost makes me tear up I like it so much. She also gives her babies kisses and hugs them and pats them on the back.
    She also pretends to wash her hands any time she hears running water, which is weird because when I try to help her wash her hands she never rubs them together.
    Oh and this is a few weeks old, but it is so cute when she blows her nose. She'll grab a Kleenex and blow then hold it up to your nose for you to blow. This one is actually really useful, no more snot sucking for us! (Hopefully)
  • Options
    Charlie figured out how do do her puzzle this week! It's a shapes and colors one and she can actually put the pieces where they go. She gets so excited about it! She's also becoming nicer! She usually hates any sort of affection, but now she seems to like it a little more. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    fun topic!  

K has learned where the dog treats are, and that the pup gets a treat after he comes in from outside.  she goes and gets the treat container (sometimes she can open it) and gives the dog a treat.  it's so cute!

she also learned how to climb into her rocking chair and turn around and sit down.  that was a shocker.
  • Options
    A. just got big legos and can stack them together. She puts them together to build something and then starts clapping. She throws things away, puts laundry away, takes laundry out of the washer and puts it into the dryer and presses the buttons to turn it on (with my assistance). She does lots of things, but has been for a while! She is just soo incredibly smart, I love it! But definitely has an attitude at times. haha
  • Options
    Well gee whiz, B's behind on her chores, and dumb too I guess. Or is she...it would be super smart to start dodging the work already.

I kid, I kid. Kinda.

• Options

Well, this afternoon Lili washed the floors (by hand, no mop. I prefer it that way), edited my autobiography manuscript, did my taxes for 2012 and solved the crisis in Syria. It is Saturday, though. She's not nearly as productive during the week. She's at the firm from 8am to 8pm. Doesn't leave her much time to do her hobbies.

What an underachiever Lili is.

• Options
    Well, this afternoon Lili washed the floors (by hand, no mop. I prefer it that way), edited my autobiography manuscript, did my taxes for 2012 and solved the crisis in Syria. It is Saturday, though. She's not nearly as productive during the week. She's at the firm from 8am to 8pm. Doesn't leave her much time to do her hobbies.
    As embarrassingly true as that is, we are trying our best. Only getting into Duke really effed with her mind.
    That's too bad.  Hopefully she shakes it off soon and starts living up to her potential.
  • Options

CaliVal said:

As embarrassingly true as that is, we are trying our best. Only getting into Duke really effed with her mind.

<3 you.
  • Options
    Poor Lili. Which reminds me, we may be waiting for B's gross motor skills to develop as she postulates the cure to cancer. The crayon sketch she did at the sitters was likely the DNA mutation map of the disease. I feel she's close to a breakthrough, then she'll start walking. Anyone else facing this issue?

• Options

Poor Lili. Which reminds me, we may be waiting for B's gross motor skills to develop as she postulates the cure to cancer. The crayon sketch she did at the sitters was likely the DNA mutation map of the disease. I feel she's close to a breakthrough, then she'll start walking. Anyone else facing this issue?

Oh Lili can't walk. B and L should put their heads together to solve this. L is working hard at it too. Their giant heads (full of huuuuuuuuge brains) are likely hindering their walking capabilities.

Indeed! The international dream team. B will send L the password to the FTP site where all her research is saved. If there is a summit they can just lean their giant heads against each other to stand at the podium and make their presentation to the WHO.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"