Military Families

Ft Campbell ladies..

H and I are PCSing in a month and are looking for houses to rent. Any suggestions on where to look and where to avoid would be wonderful. 
photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg

Re: Ft Campbell ladies..

• You can search for rental homes on realtracs.com  - that probably has most of the rentals from many different property management companies.  Also, MilitarybyOwner.com will have rentals for the area.  We live off of exit 1 and really like the area.  Plantation Estates, Fields of Northmeade, Franklin Meadows and Patrick Place are all nice subdivisions.  You can search by subdivision on the realtracs site, by zipcode or just by Clarksville as a whole (but Clarksville is pretty large).  There are nice homes in the Sango (exit 11) area of Clarksville but that means you would have about a 30min drive to post with traffic in the mornings.  Exit 8 is the Rossview area and also has really nice homes but they tend to be a bit pricier.  

I would avoid Oak Grove, KY and the downtown Clarksville area (just personal opinions).  Just in the last week, I've seen probably 10 for rent signs go up in our neighborhood.  There are definitely plenty of houses available!
  • JENandJEH said:
    You can search for rental homes on realtracs.com  - that probably has most of the rentals from many different property management companies.  Also, MilitarybyOwner.com will have rentals for the area.  We live off of exit 1 and really like the area.  Plantation Estates, Fields of Northmeade, Franklin Meadows and Patrick Place are all nice subdivisions.  You can search by subdivision on the realtracs site, by zipcode or just by Clarksville as a whole (but Clarksville is pretty large).  There are nice homes in the Sango (exit 11) area of Clarksville but that means you would have about a 30min drive to post with traffic in the mornings.  Exit 8 is the Rossview area and also has really nice homes but they tend to be a bit pricier.  

I would avoid Oak Grove, KY and the downtown Clarksville area (just personal opinions).  Just in the last week, I've seen probably 10 for rent signs go up in our neighborhood.  There are definitely plenty of houses available!
    Thank you so much for the info! Why should I avoid the Oak grove area? I thought that was a nice area, as well. A friend of mine said the Sango area is nice but I haven't had any luck finding houses for rent in that area. =/
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't care for Oak Grove...the houses just don't seem as nice but, admittedly, I haven't explored much in that area. I haven't met any friends that live in Oak Grove and just drive through on my way to post occasionally and to one of the Walmarts. Our realtor advised us to stick in Clarksville when we moved here 4 years ago and I'm happy with that decision. Sango is a difficult area to find houses...the prices are usually higher and it is a very sought after area so things get snatched up quickly. Exit 1 is really a nice area and is starting to build up a lot more.
  • @JENandJEH thank you for the info. It was very helpful! 
  • I would definitely stick to the Clarksville side of Ft Campbell.  I was born and raised there, but PCSed back in March.  We owned a home off of Exit 1.  Like @JENandJEH said, that is one of the better areas to live.  Those subdivisions she listed are great, as is Camelot Hills and Cornerstone (off Needmore Rd.).  If you choose to live off of Exit 1, map the house and make sure it's at least a mile away from the dirt racetrack on Needmore.  It gets pretty loud during the summer on Saturday nights because of it.  Oak Grove just seems, more or less, existing only because of the military.  A majority of the homes are older and seem to be run down.  Also, utilities are MUCH cheaper in TN than they are in KY.  We paid about $30 a month for water while my parents (in Oak Grove) paid $90 on average.  
    You can PM me if you want more info.  
    I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • CCM82909 said:
    I would definitely stick to the Clarksville side of Ft Campbell.  I was born and raised there, but PCSed back in March.  We owned a home off of Exit 1.  Like @JENandJEH said, that is one of the better areas to live.  Those subdivisions she listed are great, as is Camelot Hills and Cornerstone (off Needmore Rd.).  If you choose to live off of Exit 1, map the house and make sure it's at least a mile away from the dirt racetrack on Needmore.  It gets pretty loud during the summer on Saturday nights because of it.  Oak Grove just seems, more or less, existing only because of the military.  A majority of the homes are older and seem to be run down.  Also, utilities are MUCH cheaper in TN than they are in KY.  We paid about $30 a month for water while my parents (in Oak Grove) paid $90 on average.  
    You can PM me if you want more info.  
    Great point about the dirt track - I completely forgot!  We almost bought a house that was basically right across the street from it because our realtor drove us into the neighborhood from the other direction.  

We can hear barely hear the racetrack from our house but even a friend who lived about 3mi away could hear it some summer nights.  It doesn't bother us and we have to really listen to hear it...I guess it has always been background noise that we tune out.  

• Realtracs.com is a great website. If you're wanting to live off post, Tiny Town Road has a lot of subdivisions and is a developing area. Close to post and 24 HWY.
  • Avoid Oak Grove, KY and shoot for St. Bethlehem or Sango area. They might be a little further from post, but the houses are usually newer and nicer. I lived off of Needmore Road in the Sugartree subdivision when I lived there (about 5 years ago now) and LOVED the area and subdivision. He was a 10-15 minute drive to post and we were conveniently located to Wal-Mart, the mall, and everything else in town. Downtown is rather sketchy, too - mostly college/lower income. Also, contact a realtor in the area for information. You can visit the interactive crime map online to see what areas have the most crime here:

Anyways, I loved Ft. Campbell and the Clarksville area. I wish you and yours the best of luck!
  • We bought a house in the Sango area :) I'm happy with it! It seems like a nice/quiet part of town, which is exactly what we were wanting. Thanks everyone! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"