Adoption

It's official

Last week my husband and I made the official decision to stop TTC and pursue adoption. It wasn't an easy decision to make but we are confident in our choice.

We are most likely going to pursue domestic infant adoption through an agency but are keeping an open mind to other options as well. We decided to take the rest of the year to relax and not make any big commitments yet. We are also planning a move around Feb-March of next year and do not wish to start our home study until after we move. For now we are just getting used to not TTC, researching our options, and saving as much money as possible.

I've really enjoyed hanging around this board and am looking forward to spending more time here.

Started TTC July 2012. Missed m/c & d&c 9/12 11w. Natural m/c 1/13 6w. Chemical pgs 3/13 & 8/13 around 4w. Currently TTA while saving for adoption.

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” -Helen Keller

Re: It's official

• Sorry your journey has lead you to this crossroad. I hope you find peace and become more and more excited as you travel down this new road. Welcome!
    Dawsons creek cast Pictures, Images and Photos image
    TTC since Jan 2012

Me (28) DH (28)

Dec 2012 Testing Complete: Me: Blood tests look great HSG "beautiful" DH: SA = normal Unexplained?

PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome! I hope your decision brings you much happiness and peace. Adoption is an amazing gift.
  • Welcome! I think it's wise to take things slow and research all you options. There are things I would have done differently in the beginning. We're at peace with everything now, but a thinking things through and planning things out a little better at the beginning would have made a few things a little easier on us.
  • Welcome! As a lurker on the GP board, I can say that I have been rooting for you from the background! As you begin your journey, I hope and pray that you find happiness and joy in the journey and of course the end result! 
    Began the Adoption process 4/2013
    Home study Approved 12/2013
    .... and the wait begins! 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sorry your journey has lead you to this crossroad. I hope you find peace and become more and more excited as you travel down this new road. Welcome!

This is great!  Obviously it's difficult to move on from TTC to adoption or any other path you choose, but from my personal experience I did start feeling peace and excitement as we moved along the adoption path.

Good luck to you!

we are until forever...
    check out our blog

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Welcome!  We're just beginning our journey as well. 
    Anniversary
    Married 9/29/2007
    TTC 11/2010
    Me: HSG 4/2012 Tubes Clear, Hypothyroid, PCOS
    DH: MFI, SA #1 2 million, SA #2 no sperm, SA #3 7 million total
    DH is now on HSG shots 2x week, 2.5 MG Letrozole 2x week, Vitamin B Complex, 600 mg Alpha Lipoic Acid, and 400 mg CoQ-10.
    UPDATE:
    3/2013 IUI with Femara, BFN
    4/2013 IUI with Femara, BFN
    5/2013 IUI with Femara, BFN
    8/2013 IVF with Femara, Bravelle, and Lupron, 4 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 3 grade 2 Blastocysts transferred day 5, BFN
    8/2013 Exploring domestic infant adoption

• Welcome!

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

• Welcome!
    image   image   image
    TTC since 2010 | 3 miscarriages | Diagnosed with stage IV endo | Adopted our little girl Aug 25, 2014

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Welcome.  We also took some time and said goodbye to TTC. We are just moving forward with a DIA.  It took some time and a lot of discussion, but we are finally at peace with it.  Good luck with your journey, I hope it's a short one.

****SIGGY WARNING****

Hashimoto's with irregular cycles  DH- 37 Severe oligoasthenoteratozoospermia

TTC since May 2012

HSG- all clear

March 2014 - RE appt. 
    April 2014- Saline sono all's good, terrible SA results - 8 sperm found all abnormal
    May 2014- Fert Urology- Bilateral varicoceles, recommend Donor Sperm
    12/2014-  Surprise natural BFP  EDD 7/31/15 Plan:  Starting foster to adoption, natural cycles

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"