C-sections
Options

C-Section risks

Hi everyone- my surgery is NEXT WEEK! I can barely cope with the anxiety! I really wasn't that nervous until I started reading about risks.

I'm especially worried about not surviving. Some websites are stating a maternal mortality rate of 1 in 2500. Others say 10 in 100,000. Either way, all of these legit news articles are claiming U.S. to have a higher than expected mortality rate with C-sections. I don't like reading that and am struggling because I have risk factors. I have untreated anemia which apparently puts me in danger. I also have low (ish) blood pressure and vague heart issues (i.e., palpitations, high heart rate). Since my c-section is being considered mandatory in my case, I'm super duper freaked out. I just want to feel somewhat positive going into this. Thank You and best of luck with your deliveries!! Please forgive me for bringing up a depressing subject.

Re: C-Section risks

• Options
    Google is often not your friend in situations like this--you can always find the horror stories online but often people don't post about the positive outcomes. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Def say away from "Dr. Google!"  I made the same mistake and it didn't stop after my DS was born, only got worse.  It is ok to educate yourself, but nobody needs to read all of the doom and gloom and negative stuff all the time.  Call your dr when in doubt and speak to him/her.  Even read a well written book.  It is way better than other peoples opinions online.  Try to stay calm and know that tons of c/s are performed day in and day out and most people do well.  Yes, birth is risky no matter how you give birth and c/s is riskier, but try to be excited hon.  Seeing your baby for the first time ever is the best feeling in the world!!  I'm sure you will do great!
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"