January 2013 Moms
Options

Beating depression

Any mamas here that are successfully dealing with depression? I'm not, at all. I've got another doc appt in a few weeks, but am curious what might be working for other mamas. Luckily my baby, family, and job all make me very happy, so my depression is really an internal issue I'm struggling with. Thanks!

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Beating depression

• Options
    I have a good friend who dealt with depression through all three kids and has found success controlling it with drugs. I don't have post partum depression but do still get random bouts of pp anxiety, and like you, it's just an internal battle (but it comes and goes). It seems to strike when I'm tired or in cases like this weekend where the three of us were holed up in the house with stomach flu. Sometimes i wish I didn't have to work, but I do think getting out of the house to interact with adults helps me a lot. I think I'd battle it more if I were an FT SAHM.
  • Options
    I am fairly certain that I have pp anxiety and so far have just dealt with it with a lot if family and friend support and prayer. It does get worse when extra tired and stressed. I have investigated meds but there its not much to take breastfeeding so I am trying to wait it out and seeing of it gets better once I wean. I know it isn't the same as depression but just wanted to say you aren't alone in the internal struggle part :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Im not dealing with it now, but I was feeing quite a bit of anxiety before and I have found that getting an IUD has actually helpmed me. I know it sounds crazy but I would consider your BC and maybe switching.
    photo 521774ac-531f-42f9-9325-82efbf569d9f_zps25965887.jpg<photo b8da4dd1-ab31-4567-8e47-1eed1489f7ee_zps7c71559e.jpgbr>

• Options
    I struggle with it also.  I'm BFing and not wanting to take meds and functioning well on a day to day basis, so I think I'm managing.  I think it's very much worse when I'm tired, so I suspect thing will get better once I move out of the baby/sleepless phase.  I'm trying to take joy in the little things, not taking her baby days for granted but it is tough to be happy or look forward to anything.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Reading these types of studies help me.  Hormonal stuff aside, I think women who put a lot of pressure on themselves to be good moms set themselves up for depression/anxiety. 

• Options
    For me Prozac gets me functional.  I also find that if I get ready in the morning I have a better day than if I lounge in pj's.  Plus, everyday I try to get out of the house.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    court115court115 member
    edited September 2013

I'm not beating, or even controlling, mine very well. I just wanted to tell you that you're not alone. Before I got pregnant, I did well controlling it on medications but I'm nervous to go down that route again. I agree with @graciesmurf that I do best on days when I get up and moving right away. Some days that's hard to do though.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"