Adoption

Met another AP today

I went to my local MOMS group GTG, and there was a mom there with a 4 month old she and her H just adopted. I was so excited to see another AP there. She was so cute, she's still in the "we adopted, I'm shouting it from the rooftops" stage :)

Re: Met another AP today

• That's awesome! Sounds like she is very excited and happy.

Started TTC July 2012. Missed m/c & d&c 9/12 11w. Natural m/c 1/13 6w. Chemical pgs 3/13 & 8/13 around 4w. Currently TTA while saving for adoption.

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” -Helen Keller
  • That is wonderful, I really wish there was some kind of adoption network where I am. Other than family, which all live out of state, I do not know anyone who has adopted.

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

• Loading the player...
  • There's a group where I am, but they seem more focused on discussing behavioral issues in adopted kids. I've had better luck just randomly meeting APs
  •  she's still in the "we adopted, I'm shouting it from the rooftops" stage :)
    This makes me excited about the long journey ahead! There is a light at the end.
    Dawsons creek cast Pictures, Images and Photos image
    TTC since Jan 2012

Me (28) DH (28)

Dec 2012 Testing Complete: Me: Blood tests look great HSG "beautiful" DH: SA = normal Unexplained?

PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Honestly, I am not sure. I have researched groups in the state and the closest one that I could find was 3+ hours away. We did a private adoption, so there is no agency that I can ask. I am seriously considering adopting again and would need to go through an agency. Perhaps I will meet some people there....

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"