Georgia Babies

Car set disposal

mmd7999mmd7999 member
edited September 2013 in Georgia Babies
How do you dispose of or recycle a car seat? I was waiting for bru to do their trade in event but according to fb they are my doing it in the near future. It's 6+ year and never been in a accident. My daughter has just almost outgrown it and its has a funky smell. its probably expired. Not sure what todo w it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Car set disposal

• I want to say I remember there not being an age limit on any items that are traded in. I think the main purpose is to get older, less safe items or items that have been recalled, etc. out of circulation/use. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm curious about this too. I have a couple expired carseats taking up space in the garage. I was waiting for the BRU trade-in event until I found out they aren't doing it anymore.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think BRU is doing it anymore :-(  There was a post about it a while ago on the Nursery and Baby Gear board.  I hope they change their minds and bring it back!  My mom just threw away her carseat (it had gotten molded out on her screen porch).  She just set it out by the trash can.  She took the cover off so no one would be tempted to take it and use it. 

• To dispose of you, you are supposed to cut the straps so that it won't be used after it has been in accident, expired, etc. Then just set it out for the trash man to remove it.
    Our Photo Site
    James - July 4, 2010
    Sam - June 21, 2012
  • Thanks guys
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"