Secondary IF

Good news!

Well it only took 4 days of calling, leaving voicemails and screaming at people to get a phone call back, (Not my doctors office, the people that do them) BUT I finally have my (second) appointment in the books for the SIS to be done!! Thank the LORD! We go in Friday, I'll do a blood HCG test, and then the procedure will start at 1. I asked what exactly the SIS was, and she said its similar to the HSG, but instead of checking my tubes and using a dye... They will just be using saline, and only focusing on my uterus. She said my tubes don't appear to be "blocked", because I am able to get pregnant ... Just not sustain a viable pregnancy and make it to term. She mentioned that it "could" be something we will do in the future, but for right now it didn't seem necessary. So hopefully they don't screw this entire appointment up for a SECOND time, and everything goes well!! I made the scheduling lady repeat the day of my cycle to me, and what day of my cycle I would be on Friday like 20 times! lol, No excuses this time, biiiiotch! :-)

Second portion of the "good news", My husbands command is letting him come home Thursday, and giving him Friday off without making him take a personal day!!! So he will be able to be there with me on Friday!! :-) I couldn't be happier about that!! I was not looking forward to facing this by myself. I truly love that my husband works with such amazing people. They know the situation and have been incredible to us...When we lost the baby, they even offered to assign a Marine to us to take our DD to and from school, and the Chief warrant officer personally delivered a gorgeous bouquet of flowers and the sweetest card from all of Alpha company.  Of course all I could say through my sobs at that point was "Omg, my house is a mess" ...lol. Anyway, im just so fortunate and grateful at how understanding they are. :')

So that's about all of my good news for now!! Its about time something went our way for a change!  :-) Hope everyone had a terrific Tuesday!!!

Re: Good news!

• That is amazing news! I am so happy everything worked out with your H AND your appt! Hopefully everything will be just fine with your SIS! 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • That is very good news!  Hopefully they've got their act together now and will be able to give you some answers.  Let us know how everything goes!

TTC #2 since 1/2012

• Loading the player...
  • Good News!  Ok where I am at they call that a Hysteroscopy  (HYST) or a Sonohysterogram (SHG). I was told to take ibuprofen (600-800mg) an hour before.  It felt a bit like a pap, except they put the saline up there.  Just remember it has to come back out.  My office gave me a pad to use, but in case yours doesn't take one.  I do believe you can't use a tampon for a few days.  If I remember correctly.  Oh and the chair they put me was awkward. They are going to check to see if you have anything in your uterus. 

And yay for your husband! Sounds like a great support system there.  Wow!!

• Thank you ladies!

And thank you for the 411 @freakyfast that is good to know! I'll bring extra pads just in case! lol...Yes, his command is just wonderful... I cant thank them enough for the generosity they have shown us <3  

• That is great news! Hoping all goes well!

BFP #1 7/31/09 - m/c 8/22/09

BFP #2 4/15/10 - DD born 12/31/10

TTC #2 since July 2012

BFP #3 9/24/12 - m/c 10/15/12

Dx PCOS/LPD 5/2013 - Rx Metformin (1500mg) and GF diet

BFP #4 6/10/13 - CP 6/12/13

8/2013 Rx for low dose Naltrexone

9/2013 DH's SA showed low motility/morph/viability

10/2013 Lap removed multiple areas of scar tissue adhesions and opened blocked tube.

BFP #5 1/24/2014 - EDD 10/3/2014

This could be it! Grow baby!

• Glad you're finally getting your test and the hubs will be there :) Best of luck!

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• Yay! That is great news!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Great news! Good luck with everything!

DS born Jan 2010

TTC#2 since Nov 2010 with breaks for DH cancer tx (remission!)

Tube with hydro removed Feb 2013

BFP 11/11/13 IUI#2 clomid+trigger+prometrium

Beta #1 14dpIUI=106; Beta #2 16dpIUI=287; Beta #3 20dpIUI=1158

5w6d 1 hb 109 and 2nd smaller sac; 7w0d 1 hb 125 and confirmed vanishing twin

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Fantastic news! I'm so glad it is all falling into place.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"