High-Risk Pregnancy

Previous PTL pregnant again ****loss mentioned***

Hello all. I was pregnant with identical twins that I lost at 22w due to PTL and PROM. I just found out that I am pregnant with twins again this time fraternal twins. I'm scared to death that this is going to happen again. I know that they'll be monitoring me much more closely now because of my history and that they'll also take preventative measures to keep me from losing these babies, but I'm still scared. Has anyone else gone through something like this? I'd be really interested to know if there's anyone with back to back twins. Thank you!
Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

Re: Previous PTL pregnant again ****loss mentioned***

• Hi i lost twins at 14 weeka due to a fall and landong on my tummy :( i basicly bled straight away. Fell pregnant straight away and everythig was fine untill 20 week scan then they found no heart beat. I am not 30+4 weeka pregnant :) yay but wvery day i constantly worry and wonder if my little allie-margaret is ok??? Its been a long hard slog but we are on the home straight now and hopefully will deliver a healthy living baby. Wishing you all the luck in the world from germany
  • Urghhh excuse bad grammar! Cannot use touch screen ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi, I have not gone through your situation, but a friend did.  She lost her twins at 24 weeks due to PTL.  She conceived twins again about 6 months after her losses and has been monitored closely.  She is currently 32 weeks and holding!  She is on bed rest, but has carried all this way.  Best of luck to you!
  • I lost a singleton 21wks last aug. pregnant with a singleton. This time around I get 17p injections starting 16wks due to weak cervix I got a cerclage. I am monitored every two weeks by Mfm... Currently 32wks
  • Thank you all that does make me feel better. I can't wait to talk to my MFM to get a little reassurance.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

• @morgandegan do you know when your friend was placed on bed rest? Did she have a cerclage? Thank you for the reassurance!

imageimage

• She was placed on bed rest in the early 20s.  Her MFM did not want to do a cerclage with twins.  I'm not sure why, but I think there is controversy on the efficacy of a cerclage with twins vs singleton.  She too is on 17P to prevent PTL.  Hope that helps.
  • Thank you!

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"