Pregnant after IF

Echo Test Update

Morning ladies.
So echo test this am @ 745. Yikes, I am so sleepy.
So the cariologist confirmed that our sweet Angel has all four heart chambers which are measuring on track . She has all heart valves/vessels with blood flowing and also measuring on track. Her heart rate is good and steady.
However, she does have a small gap in the upper right side. He assured me there's nothing to drive myself nuts over. He said all the major parts are there, on track and working. He said more than people realize, many people are born with small /moderate holes. He said there's a chance it can close before she's born, or it can close when she's born or if it doesn't, and its effecting her ane operation is needed, its an operation that is common, and one that he's never had complications with. He said some people even live with it forever.

He gave me a follow up appt on Oct 7th and will then follow up every three weeks to see the growth. He did confirm baby girls head is measuring at 22 weeks and she's about 11 in. Long. He said her heart doesn't look like a down syndrome heart, although some ds hearts do have vsd (the hole) he doesn't show any defects and I had pgd so he feels confident. Pgd doesn't pick up things like vsd but does detect chromosnal defects. He said I should go thru with the u/s to check the babys hands and feet. He said he doesnt see anything alarming but again she was sucking her thumb and they want to make sure all her little fingers and hand is ok.

So I'm thankful for the news today and the cardiologist made me feel a lot better by explaining things to me. I appreciate his knowledge. So I have an appt on Oct 2 for a f/u ultasound to check on the bean again. Checking if everything is okay (hopefully so) and then cardiologist Oct 7 and OB oct 9 so let the appts roll. Whatever I have to do to make sure LO is ok.

QUESTIONS!
My brain is all over the place..
Can you ladies think of any questions I should ask my Cardiologist, OB, or the Ultrasound Tech?

What do you all think about the feedback from the Echo?

Do you think it would be foolish to begin the nursery? Or go thru with the baby shower?

Should I put a hault on buying things?

What would you do if you were in my shoes? Panic? Or just continue as I have been?

Thanks ladies!!!! Sorry for any errors, mobile bumping.
TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --

Re: Echo Test Update

• Yay!!  So glad the cardiologist sounds so optimistic!  I would definitely not panic and not hault any of your plans.  He thinks she's going to be fine by the sounds of it.  Things sound like they're moving along great!  Good Luck and fingers crossed that the rest of your appointments will go equally smooth.

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • monimu13 said:

I think they did a great job of describing the implications of a VSD.  It is something that I see fairly commonly at work (I'm a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner) and it is something that can close on its own (depending on the size), or can have a small surgery to repair after birth.  I know that it is very concerning to you, but I hope that this is somewhat of a reassurance.  Knowing this prenatally, they will likely do an Echo prior to sending you home from the hospital to evaluate the size of the VSD and the follow up with a Pediatric Cardiologist after you go home. 

I think it is definitely reasonable to prepare a nursery and do a baby shower.  I would continue on as you have been.  An isolated VSD is not something that you should stop all of your future plans for.  Try and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy knowing that this is something that is easily repaired if necessary.  I know that is harder said than done.  Sorry for such a long response :)

I am so thankful for your response, no need to apologize at all. Ita greatly appreciated. I really am happy with the outcome, things could have been a lot worse. Thanks again!

TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --
  • So thankful that little ones heart is all good!! I was actually born with a small hole in my heart and didn't need surgery. As a kid I went to the hospital a lot for them to monitor it and I need to check with my mom but I'm pretty sure it closed on its own. You definitely need to continue with the nursery, your shower and everything else!! Keep us updated!!
    Me: 29 DH: 32 Married: 10.25.07 Been dealing with amenorrheoa since I was young. (Literally go years w/o AF) Unexpected and very surprising BFP in Feb 2007. M/C April 2007. :( TTC since 2008 Metformin- Didn't help. :( Clomid 50mg/Provera cycle #1 7/2009 - BFN Clomid 50mg/Provera cycle #2- 8/2009- BFN Clomid 100mg/Provera cycle #3- 1/2010- BFN ...Took a break... 2012- Met with RE 09/12- Day 3 Labs- FSH 2.5, Estradiol 47, TSH 4.5 (Doc re-ordering Day 3 labs) DH sperm analysis- all good 11/12- Day 3 Labs- FSH 4.3, estradiol 38, TSH 2.51 Prescribed Synthroid 11/12- HSG all clear 1/13- IUI with Femara and trigger shot on 1/31- BFN 2/13-IUI #2- cancelled due to low response 3/13- planning IUI with injectables
  • That is fantastic news!  I know it is still very scary, to think of your LO having to have heart surgery at any time is scary.  But definitely keep up your plans, get to work on that nursery, enjoy your shower, and try to enjoy your pregnancy.  The extra monitoring should help you feel better. 
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • so glad that you got the fetal echo done and glad the cardio explained everything to you so well!!! I know this can be common and is an easy fix, so I would definitely continue with your plans and enjoying yourself! 
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
    IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • that sounds really positive, and it's great they'll be kerping a close eye on her!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hi, I would try to focus on what you know and not the what ifs. It sounds like her heart is in good shape. Many people as the Dr said have holes and go on to live normal healthy lives. i was born with several holes in my heart, I had surgery at age 1. I have not zero lasting effects, I ran a half marathon,had a baby, zero issues. I have a friend who had a baby with a heart defect last June. The baby had surgery and is now a happy, healthy 15 month old hitting all her milestones. Heart defects are common but very fixable.

My baby boy has a spinal defect. He will need surgery after birth but then his long term prognosis is good. I am busy decorating his room, buying him clothes, etc. He is my baby, he will have a rocky start but I'm ready. 

I hope your baby turns out to be fine. I would focus on getting ready to meet her! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Happy news. We could not do our test, since they had a new machine and could not work it. I am going back in two weeks. 
    I will do the nursery and shower. Your little girl will be fine. Best of luck 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks ladies. I couldn't wait to post. Yoh guys always make me feel so much better and help me stay positive. There's truly nothing like you all. No one, no matter how much explanation will understand what we went thru and how our mind operates after IF. I pray for my LO every day, and think that she'll be just fine. Shes so strong! The nursery and baby shower and prepAring for her arrival will continue!

Thanks again
  • I think the feedback you got was pretty positive! I would definitely continue with the nursery and everything else you had planned. 
    On 10/23/13 Baby Sophie and Baby Gabriel born at 21+5 weeks. They grew wings and flew away from us. May God bless them always. We love you beans!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Phoebe Jaslene born at 19w3d. We love you beba! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"