Babies on the Brain
Options

New here and scared...

New here as well.  I've posted a few times, but haven't introduced myself...I don't think?  I post normally on the August 2010, breastfeeding, PPD and C Section boards.  I've been married to my wonderful husband for 5 years and we have a 3 year old little boy.  I'm a high school teacher as well.  I have REALLY bad baby fever!  I know I def want another LO very soon.  I think we will be TTC in the Spring (April-Mayish).  I AM SCARED TO DEATH TO START ALL OVER...normal feelings??  I had really bad PPD with my DS too...that isn't helping either.  Anyone feel the same or somewhat in the same boat?  

Anyway...hope to post on this board a lot more often. :-)
PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

Re: New here and scared...

• Options
    Thank you! Twins...that is awesome! :-) 

I also keep telling myself the same.  I know I will be watched closely this time to help prevent things.  I also worry b/c I still need some meds right now and that worries me as well.  Do you have to take meds during your pregnancy to help with the clotting?  I know the risk of you clotting outweighs the risk of the med, for sure.  Just curious?  I'm just having a hard time dealing with maybe needing something during.  I know depression/anxiety, left untreated, is horrible for a pregnant mom as well.  I just can't let go of this fear.  I was over cautious with my first and would't do or take ANYTHING.  Ugh!

• Options
    I can relate! Even though my LO is a little younger than yours I am still terrified to go through newborn age again. My LO had terrible reflux and I had pretty bad PPD. It took me ten months to finally overcome it. I used to start shaking when I saw newborns on TV/commercials.

Now I have baby fever and am hoping if I'm lucky enough to have another one, I won't get PPD. I know the warning signs now and would be much more proactive if I think it's returning. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm onto my third & felt/feel the same now. With my second I was way more afraid of labor even though my labor stage 1 was about 2 hours & then I pushed for ten minutes after just having the epidural so I literally felt nothing! No pain whatsoever ever! So even with that breeze, I was horrified because you still don't know what will happen or how to handle it! I feel the same way now but I'm thrilled to remind myself that's there will be anothe person! Having 2 is a huge transition but once you get used to it, you really see what a gift it is for your children to have siblings. It even makes you a better parent to both! I hope you'll see !!!!!!!

• Options
    Thank you ladies, I don't feel so alone when I speak to others about this.  I have a hard time feeling excited about TTC soon.  One day I can't wait and another day I only think of my meds and all the "what ifs."  It's hard.  Someone mentioned placenta encapsulation and I'm def doing that this time.  I'll do anything to avoid PPD/PPA...especially since it's natural.  We shall see!  Fingers crossed! 

Thank you for being so welcoming!  I hope everyone has a healthy and happy pregnancy and easy time TTC! 

• Options
    Welcome! I don't have any personal experience with PPD, but I understand your fears.

I'm high risk for multiple reasons and we really struggled with the decision to have another.

Best of luck to you in your journey.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"