1st Trimester
Options

dilema

I was raped 3 weeks ago and just found out im pregnant. I did all of the police reports and things that needed to be done, but i didnt tell my boyfriend or my family. I already have a child with my ex husband but im not sure what to do. should i keep the baby or should i have an abortion? please help. i really dont know what to do.

Re: dilema

• Options

There is no way that any of us can tell you what to do. I'm not sure what I would do in that situation. I think, however, that you should reach out to your loved ones and get their help with this. I can't imagine how you must be feeling....I'm so sorry for what happened to you.

I like to think that I could carry the baby and give it up for adoption if I couldn't keep it....but again, I have no idea because I am not in your shoes....maybe just keep it in the back of your mind as an option.

Good luck!

• Options
    akifyreakifyre member
    edited September 2013

I would recommend going to a talk therapist. Sometimes talking about it with someone you do not know but you know is an educated expert who will not judge you will make all the difference in the world. 

Did the police give you any information regarding help for you in dealing with this? I believe that is the most typical routine. Use the information they gave you and if they did not, ask them for that information. Or you can ask at your local hospital too. 

I truly feel for your situation, no woman should have to deal with this. When the time comes, press charges. That may help another woman not have to suffer like you did. It was not your fault.

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker 

November Siggy Challenge
    Christmas Story
    May 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You should call RAINN (www.rainn.org) and ask for advice on local rape crisis centers which could recommend therapists or counselors to help you through this.

Trust in yourself, whatever decision you make will be the correct one.

Best of luck, do reach out for help talking this through!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that that happened to you :(  I agree with the PPs, you should probably find a therapist to talk through this with and consult with your boyfriend and family. Good luck in whatever you decide <3
    BFP#1: 9/21/13  EDD: 5/31/14 m/mc @ 7w6d on 10/27/13
    BFP#2: 10/4/14  EDD: 6/7/15  DD born 6/4/15💕
    BFP#3: 12/24/19 EDD: 9/6/20
  • Options
    akifyreakifyre member
    edited September 2013
    Thank you Maelic. I did not know myself any thing about specific organizations that could help. 

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker 

November Siggy Challenge
    Christmas Story
    May 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"