Secondary IF

***2IF Regular Weekly Update***

Brief History: almost 21 month old DS who was a natural surprise after 4 years MFI infertility (it included several failed rounds of clomid and IUI)

Current status: in 2ww of 4th cycle TTC #2

QsOTW:

1.) Favorite childhood (or teenagehood) TV shows?

I was a 90s kid so I liked Clarissa Explains It All & Sabrina the Teenaged Witch. When I was "older" I watched TRL with Carson Daily, South Park annddd I'm drawin a blank...

2.) What was the first make/model of cell phone you had?

NOKIA! With the "snake game" and inter-changable faceplates!

3.) When pagers were popular did you own one? Yes, it was red.

4.) Name at least one hideous trend you participated in.

crimped hair, skorts, scrunchies and white eyeliner (like the silvery white kind it used to be cool to CAKE on your eyelid) please god, tell me someone remembers that freaking eyeliner.

Me: 27 DH: 33
Married 6 years
Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
No longer benched per New RE/OB!
Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
March 2, 2014 First AF

Re: ***2IF Regular Weekly Update***

• Hi Everyone
    History: One DS from a long ago relationship... That was natural.

Current status: Waiting on Day 1 to start IVF CD 1, which should be today. I am currently crampy, emotional, irrational and tired. I am scared for AF to come, yet I can't wait.  She has announced her arrival with these cramps but isn't here yet.  When AF shows, I call to schedule ultrasound, and if everything looks good, I will go ahead with the start of my injections. :-SS  :-SS  :-SS  :-SS

1.) Favorite Childhood (or teenagehood) TV shows? Family Ties, St Elsewhere, Beavis and Butthead, 21 jumpstreet, Saved by the Bell, Knight Rider, (etc) I will stop there. Apparently I have always been a TV junkie.. Geezus! 

2.) What was the first make/model of cell phone you had? Nokia, with the face plate change too and snake game!  I was the last person I know to get a cell phone. 

3.) When pagers were popular did you own one? Yes it was black, and my mom's friend help me get it since I wasn't old enough, she put it in her name and i paid the bill. 

4.) Name at least one hideous trend you participated in: Oh man! The flipping of the pant leg and rolling up and putting socks over it.  The curling of the bangs backwards so they sit up on your head. Baggy clothes. UGH.

Thanks @KC1212 , this brought up some things I hadn't thought about in a long time. :)  

• pettycrockerpettycrocker member
    edited September 2013
    Cycle 19= clomid IUI. I am fucking losing it. Idk if this is like residuals from the Clomid or if I am just in PMS hell, but I feel totally out of control of my emotions the last couple days. I go from complete rage, to hysterical crying in seconds. I am so over this shit. 
    QsOTW:

1.) Favorite childhood (or teenagehood) TV shows? Hmm. I think Dawson's Creek was the first show I really got into, never missed an episode. I think that was around the same time of Buffy and Angel, so they were all favorites.  

I think mine was the Nokia too. I do remember that snake game :P 

3.) When pagers were popular did you own one? Yup! I had the see through lime green one. I actually gave it to a b/f in hopes of being able to keep in touch with him while he was out acting like a fucking fool. That was a big flop. 

4.) Name at least one hideous trend you participated in. Dressing like a boy! With the big baggy jeans and tank tops! HAHAHA that was so dumb. This was back when there were CLEAR windbreaker jogging suits lmfao!! 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mrs Castillo  I definitely dressed like a boy too with the baggy clothes.  When I went to prom no one noticed me in a red long dress. LOL 

• Brief History: 4 year old DD, conceived naturally on the first try
    Current status: in 2ww of 11th cycle TTC #2 .. Clomid 100mg

QsOTW: 1.) Favorite childhood (or teenagehood) TV shows? Childhood years, I loved and idolized She-Ra. Teen years, I loved scary movies.

2.) What was the first make/model of cell phone you had? I got it for a high school graduation gift but I cannot think of the brand. I eventually upgraded to a Nokia, and had a clear neon green case WITH flashing light battery!

3.) When pagers were popular did you own one? Nope, never did.

4.) Name at least one hideous trend you participated in. Of course I did the wave bangs as a child..then in high school got into JNCO jeans and whatnot.
    photo image.jpg
  • Brief History: 2.5 year old DD conceived after 3 m/c. Currently on cycle 11 of TTC #2. HSG postponed to next month. Hoping to start Clomid after RE appt in 2 weeks.

Current status: In the 2ww. Idk what dpo. I gave up charting. It made me crazy.

I was also a 90s kid. I liked Full House, Saved by the Bell, & TGIF Shows (step by step, family matters, Tia & tamera) etc.

I also had a Nokia & loved me some Snake game!!!

3.) When pagers were popular did you own one?
    No, but my BFF did & I was super jealous!

Super flare jeans, I remember wearing everything with peace signs & smiley faces when I was a pre-teen. I also had hideous bangs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • roughkatroughkat member
    edited September 2013

DS conceived naturally after 8 cycles, currently in the 2ww of cycle 21/IUI #2.

We didn't get to watch much TV - at one point we didn't even have one.  We were so deprived!  I remember liking Family Ties, Different Strokes, and The Cosby Show.

It was a Sprint one - I don't remember the model but it had a green screen and an antenna you pulled up.  I didn't get my first cell phone until I was out of college.  Apparently I'm a combination of being old and a late adopter.

3.) When pagers were popular did you own one? 
    Nope.  Only the drug dealers at our school had them.

Pegged jeans, big bangs, Hypercolor t-shirts (you had to wear a shirt underneath or the color changes would get inappropriate).

TTC #2 since 1/2012

• Rockos modern Life! Doug! YES! Dare I say I loved Rugrats?! The original not this "all grown up" crap where Chuckie is BRAVE and Tommy is the pussy. LOL

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• History: One DD, natural surprise 6 1/2 years ago, after 2 unexplained MC before her... then an additional 2 MC after her.

Current status: CD 7, waiting to O (didn't last month)... Having the SIS done Friday, FX I actually O this month, and if so...not too early. Hoping there is nothing stopping us from the SIS and that the blood work comes back neg for the lupus anticoagulant test... Se we can get a game plan established and actually start trying again!!

1.) Favorite Childhood (or teenagehood) TV shows? Without a doubt mine was "Boy meets World" :D

2.) What was the first make/model of cell phone you had? Nextel, BEEP BEEP!! lol.

3.) When pagers were popular did you own one? Yes, it was black :)

4.) Name at least one hideous trend you participated in: I personally don't think I ever fell into a "hideous trend" band wagon... lol, I've always been in boots, jeans and plaid shirts. My style has never changed, Other than getting more "girly" when I grew up... But I've never found it to be hideous. :)

• History: 3.5 year old DS conceived naturally after about 6 cycles. 1 MC first try for #2. Blocked tube removed earlier this year but otherwise unexplained. Some forced breaks when DH had surgery and radiation for thyroid cancer (in remission!), I had CMV, and the surgery.

Current status: On CD8 of cycle 28. No cysts this time! Finished clomid yesterday and now waiting for Saturday for day 11 monitoring. Hoping we can do IUI this cycle.

1.) Favorite Childhood (or teenagehood) TV shows? Everyone's replies are bringing back memories! I remember watching Saved by the Bell, Hey Dude, Full House, Cosby Show. And Friends, but I can't remember when that came out.

2.) What was the first make/model of cell phone you had? I remember having my parents bag phone for a while! I had a Nokia too.

3.) When pagers were popular did you own one? I didn't but my younger brother was much cooler than me and he did.

4.) Name at least one hideous trend you participated in: Curled bangs, the slide clip for t-shirts, wigwams. What was I thinking?

DS born Jan 2010

TTC#2 since Nov 2010 with breaks for DH cancer tx (remission!)

Tube with hydro removed Feb 2013

BFP 11/11/13 IUI#2 clomid+trigger+prometrium

Beta #1 14dpIUI=106; Beta #2 16dpIUI=287; Beta #3 20dpIUI=1158

5w6d 1 hb 109 and 2nd smaller sac; 7w0d 1 hb 125 and confirmed vanishing twin

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @KC1212  and @TicketTuesday, did you see that the woman who did the voice of Tommy Pickles was on The Voice last night and made it on Blake Shelton's team? I heard that on the radio today. Makes me want to watch The Voice because I love myself some Tommy Pickles.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Jen071407Jen071407 member
    edited September 2013
    Both DDs conceived in 2 cycles - I'd give anything to regain that infertility ignorance! TTC#3 since Oct. 2011 and currently on cd3 of first full cycle since mmc/d&e. Starting 100mg clomid today, gonal f 150ml booster cd9, monitoring on cd11, trigger/iui, and then passing my 2ww in San Fran for a long weekend with DH, followed by family vacay to Disney World! Testing time will be while we are at Disney, so I'm really hoping it ends well!! 

1. Favorite childhood/teenage shows: All the 90's faves - Saved By the Bell, TGIF tv, Hey Dude, Boy Meets World (I WILL at least check out Girl Meets World!). I also remember watching the beginnings of reality tv - Real World, Paradise Island, etc. 
    2. First make/model cell phone: The classic Nokia! I had an awesome metallic blue faceplate.
    3. Pager?: Yep! It was see-through maroon and "completely necessary, Mom, so you can always reach me!"
    4. Hideous Trend: Probably all of them! GenerationX jeans, scrunchies, @KC1212 white eyeliner!! Oh memory lane :)

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• MrsMegan922MrsMegan922 member
    edited September 2013
    History: 2.5 year old DD conceived naturally during a not preventing/not really trying phase. This was after 1 m/c from a surprise BFP.

Current status: Trying for 15 months (less cycles due to PCOS) and in a state of weird limbo due to just finding out we have some MFI going on :-(

1.) Favorite Childhood (or teenagehood) TV shows? Ahhh! Love this question! Saved by the Bell, Full House, Salute Your Shorts, and most other Nick shows - who remembers SNICK!?

2.) What was the first make/model of cell phone you had? Nokia.

3.) When pagers were popular did you own one? Nope!

4.) Name at least one hideous trend you participated in: Stirrup pants (ugh)

BFP #1 7/31/09 - m/c 8/22/09

BFP #2 4/15/10 - DD born 12/31/10

TTC #2 since July 2012

BFP #3 9/24/12 - m/c 10/15/12

Dx PCOS/LPD 5/2013 - Rx Metformin (1500mg) and GF diet

BFP #4 6/10/13 - CP 6/12/13

8/2013 Rx for low dose Naltrexone

9/2013 DH's SA showed low motility/morph/viability

10/2013 Lap removed multiple areas of scar tissue adhesions and opened blocked tube.

BFP #5 1/24/2014 - EDD 10/3/2014

This could be it! Grow baby!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"