1st Trimester
Options

Too early for dark lines on a test?

Hello ladies, newb here! I just have a question about others experiences. My cycles run on the short side, about 24 to 25 days, so I got a BFP pretty early, and I'm only about 3 1/2 weeks along going off the date of my last period. I took a test yesterday morning and then this morning with FMU. There is clearly a positive, but it's still pretty light compared to some positive test pictures I've seen. Can me being only about 3 1/2 weeks along affect how light it is? I know that a line's a line, and so obviously I'm still pregnant, I just wonder when that line should be getting darker. Thoughts?
Anniversary

Re: Too early for dark lines on a test?

• Options
    abbyfulabbyful member
    edited September 2013
    You'll drive yourself crazy if you keep peeing on sticks and analyzing the darkness or lightness. Your pee may be more concentrated one day, the tests can vary with how much dye they have on them, etc. 

You are pregnant, stop peeing on sticks! They are a "yes" or "no" measure, that's all.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I took my test and my lines where very faint so I went and bout the pregnant/not pregnant one to be sure. It popped up pregnant within 1 minute.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    abbyful said:
    You'll drive yourself crazy if you keep peeing on sticks and analyzing the darkness or lightness. Your pee may be more concentrated one day, the tests can vary with how much dye they have on them, etc. 

You are pregnant, stop peeing on sticks! They are a "yes" or "no" measure, that's all.
    Agreed. I drove myself nuts peeing on Wondfos. Save yourself the stress and stop peeing on thIngs. if you temp, I would stop that too.  If you really can't stop yourself (and you're crazy like me), try to wait a few days.

imageimage
    Beautiful Baby Girl born May 28, 2014

• Options
    edited September 2013
    It's a yes or no test not a "how pregnant am I" test. Put the sticks down.
  • Options
    Ladiebug710Ladiebug710 member
    edited September 2013
    The earlier you are the lighter the lines, but that said it isn't an accurate way to judge.  Each test can have a different amount of dye and two tests with the same urine can look different.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options
    I tested early as well, and my lines were about the same darkness as yours. The amount of HcG in your system will rise quickly (double in 48 hours) in the first part of your first trimester. You can always take another in a few days and I guarantee they will be darker. Congrats.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#1 BFP 26/May/2013 EDD 27/Jan/2014 MC at 5 weeks, 2 days 
    #2 BFP 04/Aug/2013 EDD April 18th, 2014. Baby M born May 2, 2014.

• Options
    Generally the earlier you are, the lighter your lines will be. They will get darker as you get more HCG in your system. But really its nothing to worry about...you are pregnant!

A
    imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• Options
    Thanks, ladies. Just a first timer here, trying to figure it out. I will try to stop obsessing. Going to keep myself busy and stop peeing on things, at least for a few days. haha
    Anniversary

• Options
    My 2 days of positives looked like yours, and the digi on the first day said no. On the 3rd day it was darker, and the digi said yes also. I actually found one more test in the drawer and took it yesterday and it was darker than the control at 5 weeks 4 days.
    BabyFruit Ticker 

image image image image image
    Married since June 2012
    EDD May 2014
  • Options
    I rang the midwife yesterday because my lines aren't getting darker and I was panicking too. I'm 4 weeks 5 days and all 8 are positive just not dark. She told me that it doesn't matter if the lines are dark or not just that they are there. X
  • Options
    When I called my doctor's office after three very faint, but positive tests, the nurse emphasized to me that it did NOT matter how faint the line was.  A positive is a positive.  Congrats!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"