Special Needs

How common is it?

That a single school district doesn't follow state regulations?

I maybe going crazy over this.

The state welcomes observations but there is nothing on there about calling in advance to do an observation. State says parents and professionals alike can observe.

Nothing is in the district handbook or the website says that we have to call in advance to do an observation.

The preschool teacher will send me the text of district policy. I doubt she would find it and claim she forgot.

TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How common is it?

• In the district no outside/private professionals are allowed on campus even if all have their licenses. The issue is privacy and confidentiality of the other classmates not the child being observed.
  • I have a friend who lives in Stamford, CT and they filed a lawsuit b/c the town (which is wealthy!) failed to follow state guidelines.  In fact, the suit was filed in federal court b/c the laws they violated for special needs students was a federal law.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Suebear Stamford is not wealthy. Parts are but the school district is not good at all. 
  • It is a public preschool.

The school even said I had to call in advance to observe my DS. I have to schedule it so the teacher can prepare for it!

And I just plan to observe from listening from the hallway and the window on the door.
  • I have told them.

I want to observe when DS bites. They have informed he has bitten and the written reports are not enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"