TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

Good Morning 6+ers! 

It's that time again. This is our bi-weekly check in, condensed version. Feel free to let us know how life is; you can b!tch, you can moan, you can brag, you can cry, whatever you want. Since Sunday is the first officially day of fall and it's my ABSOLUTE favorite season, I'm throwing out a question to all you ladies: what is your favorite thing(s) about fall? Certain smell? Fresh picked apples? Pumpkin lattes? Pretty colors on the trees? 

wine photo: wine 3667047_zps765cda33.png

HA! Would you look at that? Not only did I finally start bringing the wine and cheese again, I did it all in one pretty spread. I think there's hope for me yet. 

TTC since April 2010
BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
~All AL always welcome~

Re: Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

• There isn't much to update with me. We are still waiting to hear back from the agency. I'm going to contact them next week to at least make sure the psych evaluation was OK and she didn't think we were nuts or something. The first agency (our favorite) that we were working with contacted me this week to let us know she is adding two more surrogates to her program and if she thinks they might be a good match for us, we will be first on her list. We loved her, but since her program is new and she didn't have any more potential surrogates when ours backed out, we started working with the second agency. At this point, we are not financially tied to anyone, so we're trying to keep our options open. (wow, I guess I had more to update than I thought!).

Non-TTCAL: we are leaving for vacation one week from tomorrow! I. CAN'T. WAIT. I spent most of yesterday finding good hiking spots and car activities (road tripping to Nashville then to Maine is a long time to be in the car!). This weekend, I'm going to start making out a preliminary meal plan and snack list. We are staying in a private cottage on the beach with a kitchen, so we plan to cook every night. So excited!

QOTW: I love everything about fall - football (GO! PACK! GO!), cooler weather, baking with apples, the pretty colors, hiking in the local woods. I just love this season and living in WI, we don't always get it. Some years it goes straight from 80+ degrees to 30 degrees with nothing in between. This year, so far, it looks to be a marvelous autumn! 

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Sammer- Fx for you with the potential surrogates! I hope it all works out perfectly for you.

I don't have much to update. I've been having super strange dreams regarding my ute recently & can't wait for them to stop (such as blueberries & blackberries pouring out of my vag@-) ) I have no idea what that means but I'm getting tired of it, to say the least.

As for the job front, I'm just waiting for the paperwork to go through & hopefully I will have a job. It usually takes about a month for all of it to be processed so I have everything crossed that I get the job because if I don't, I've wasted all this time not looking for another one.

QOTW: I love everything about fall! I love the festivals & pumpkin scented everything. My birthday is also in the fall so that's a plus

;)
    TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• Loading the player...
  • @sammer818 I hope you find the perfect surrogate soon. I hope the new agency or, even better, your first choice agency comes through for you soon! Your vacation sounds like heaven. Have a blast!

@EKGibs Congrats on the job, love!  I've got everything crossed that the paperwork processing goes smoothly.  Also? Holy crap, those dreams sound disturbing! I know some women that have weird dreams around different points in their cycle. Whatever it is, I hope the dreams quite down lately and you don't have any more fruit pouring out of your vag!

@lindsayhilleary Welcome to the world of injectables!  I hope you don't find the injections too terrible. I used to have a HUGE needle phobia, but all this TTC mess has pretty much done away with it. I still get nervous before the first injection in a cycle, but after that first one, it goes away. The needles are generally tiny and really not too bad (but I do make my fiance dispense them).  All things crossed for your IUI on Monday!

TTCAL:  I'm in the 2ww and time is standing still. I did back-to-back IUIs last Thursday/Friday. I had good looking numbers and everything looks positive, except for the discovery that FI is on a calcium channel blocker that can alter sperm and contribute to infertility.  He is coming off the med and his doctor is comfortable letting him go unmedicated for a few months (he was only borderline). It makes me a little nervous, though, and I hate the thought of any of this potentially damaging his long term health. His doc said it was fine, though, and we're going to focus on lifestyle changes in the meantime to keep his blood pressure down.   Given the numerous fuck-ups at my RE's office, I left a message requesting a full review of my chart to make sure that there is nothing else they have not caught and that the new RE agrees with everything the old RE said (i.e. not testing for MTHFR, etc.).

Non-TTCAL-- We got tickets to see Neko Case at the end of October. I just love her, so I am super excited. And we scored tickets to see Neutral Milk Hotel in February, which was lucky because they sold out really fast. At least I have some good music on the horizon. :)
    Me: 36 yo, TTC #1 since Feb. 2012
    BFP #1, 3/12, EDD 11/9/12, MMC 3/27/12, D&C 4/10/12

BFP #2: 11/16/12, EDD 7/25/13, MMC 12/5/12, D&C 12/6/12, Complete molar pregnancy confirmed 2/9/13, benched for 6 months until  August 2013

IUI #1, 8/16/13 Femara + Menopur, 3 mature follicles, BFN
    IUI #2 (back-to-back, 9/12/13 and 9/13/13) Femara + Menopur, four mature follicles, BFFN
    IUI #3, 10/8/13 Femara + Menopur, six mature follicles, BFN

BFP #3, 12/9/2013, while on treatment break, EDD: 8/22/2014  Please stick and grow, LO!

Additional Dx: hypothyroidism, TgAb positive & anti-TPO positive, POR/DOR (2/2013), and suspected endometriosis

******All AL always welcome******

• @sammer818 - FX things keep going well with the agency! And that vacation sounds great, I hope you and DH have a wonderful time. You deserve it.

@EKGibs - wait, what? I must've missed a job update. I knew you'd had an interview but this is fabulous news!! What's the job, if I may ask? I hope it works out! Also, those dreams are super weird ::side eyes EKG's brain::

@lindsayhilleary - I'm sorry about the dx, but I'm glad to hear you have a plan in pace and you are getting things going right away!

@msamandapants - You really had quite the roller coaster there for a while, I'm glad to hear it's all over and you're just in the 2WW now. I know it can be stressful, but at least you know you've done everything you can! Is there any way DH can take another type of BP med that doesn't impact fertility?

My update:
    My septum is fixed!!!!!!!! The 2nd attempt was successful. I am so, so relieved. I am so happy I got to run my race and not have to postpone the surgery. I can't believe it all worked out. We are cleared to TTC after my next AF, which should arrive around the end of the month. I obviously really want to TTC next month, but I'm kind of thinking maybe we shouldn't. On the off chance that it actually worked the first time (which, given our history, is unlikely, but you never know), I would be leaving for a few months in the US in early November, which would be right after we would find out. And with both my losses I was in the hospital. Would it be irresponsible of me to TTC? This away rotation is super important to me, for my career, so I don't want to jeopardize it. But on the other hand, if, IF, I were to get ktfu, I'm hoping I could work it out anyway in the US, even with minimal insurance.

Thanks for listening.

QOTW: Apple cider, but they don't have it here :(

imageimageimage

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    BFP#2 2/27/13. Empty sac confirmed 3/20/13. Mifepristone + Cytotec.
    Operative hysteroscopy to remove septum 9/18/13.
    BFP #3 12/24/13. Natural m/c 1/17/14.
    BFP #4 3/20/14. Natural m/c 4/3/14.

Blog   Chart

Formerly known as MrsE07
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• @RedTwizzlers It's an xray job at a federal correctional facility. I hope I get it so bad & nothing goes wrong with the paperwork. I've never been arrested so hopefully nothing will slow the process lol. It will be 30 hours a week making 4x more than I have ever made before. Since it is at a prison they have to do extensive background checks so that's why it takes up to a month for the paperwork to be processed but I hate waiting!

TTC since 4/28/07
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• @EKGibs I missed that update, that is awesome news!!! Keeping everything crossed for you! As long as they don't ask us to vouch for you, I'm sure you'll be fine ;-)

imageimageimage

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    BFP#2 2/27/13. Empty sac confirmed 3/20/13. Mifepristone + Cytotec.
    Operative hysteroscopy to remove septum 9/18/13.
    BFP #3 12/24/13. Natural m/c 1/17/14.
    BFP #4 3/20/14. Natural m/c 4/3/14.

Blog   Chart

Formerly known as MrsE07
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• @EKGibs I missed that update, that is awesome news!!! Keeping everything crossed for you! As long as they don't ask us to vouch for you, I'm sure you'll be fine ;-)

Love it, we're all pretty sketchy so I doubt they'd take us seriously... ;)

FX for sure @EKGibs !! My aunt was a RN at a prison once, she liked it. Said they & xr were fairly steady as the inmates are always looking for a reason to leave their cells. LOL.

One of my clinical sites we dealt with the prisoners as their xr staff wasn't there ft or something. I never minded it & never had weirdo experiences with them.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• KMW08 said:
    @EKGibs I missed that update, that is awesome news!!! Keeping everything crossed for you! As long as they don't ask us to vouch for you, I'm sure you'll be fine ;-)
    Love it, we're all pretty sketchy so I doubt they'd take us seriously... ;) FX for sure @EKGibs !! My aunt was a RN at a prison once, she liked it. Said they & xr were fairly steady as the inmates are always looking for a reason to leave their cells. LOL. One of my clinical sites we dealt with the prisoners as their xr staff wasn't there ft or something. I never minded it & never had weirdo experiences with them.
    I've had to xray inmates before at clinicals & there is always a guard so it's not bad. They are actually easier to deal with than most patients lol.
    TTC since 4/28/07

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• @sammer818 - Great job on providing the wine and cheese! FX that one of the new surrogates are a match and I hope you enjoy your vacation!

@EKGibs - those are some crazy dreams! I'm sure a dream interpreter would have a field day with those! Good luck on the job front and I hope everything gets taken care of quickly.

@lindsayhilleary - injects are so expensive! The injections are not that bad so try not to stress about giving yourself shots (if you are). I'm glad you have a plan moving forward.

@MsAmandaPants - I think trying the lifestyle changes sounds like a really good idea. My DH had a really high BP when he was last checked and was told to reduce salt and start doing nightly walks. We did see his BP drop (now I need to get him back to the diet/exercise change).

@RedTwizzlers - YAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!  I love that they fixed your septum and that you have virtually no bench time. I say go for it.

My update -

TTCAL - I believe I am 8dpo. I started off this cycle with not temping and then had a few things happen that made me wonder if I had already O'd so I started temping on CD14.  I don't recommend that system to anyone.  I seem to have caught my temp surge but am not really sure on O day. I'll get back to my normal temping/OPK ways next cycle. So far no plans to be more aggressive.

Non-TTCAL - We are settling in to our new place. Still have pictures to hang but I'm letting DH be in charge of that.  I made the mistake of updating to the new iPhone iOS and absolutely hate it. So much that I may go non iPhone at my next upgrade. Hows that for an exciting update?

I also interviewed for a seasonal position with DHs company. The recruiter called and told me the team that interviewed me loved me but could not hire me because DH was a director (different department) and that it was some sort of violation. I told DH who told his boss. The boss never heard of the violation and decided to pursue it with HR. HR never heard of it either. After some investigation, the hiring person sent an email saying I never interviewed because she pulled my name from the list when she saw it was the same as DHs!  Crazy, since I totally did interview. DH happened to run into the VP of that department (who he had spent 4 hours in a van with driving from the Denver airport to their hotel during a bad snow storm last winter). The guy likes DH who managed to not get them killed during said driving excursion. DH told him I was trying to get a seasonal job working in the VP's dept and he told DH that he should just have me come down and go to work - DH then told him about the interview, etc. and now the VP is looking into it. I don't know if it will end up in a job for me but somebody was not being honest and they just got caught.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • gscovillegscoville member
    edited September 2013
    Good morning ladies! It's definitely a fall day today, we had such lovely weather all through September but the change has hit, it's damp and cool and feels very much like October right now.

Not much to update TTCAL-wise. 12DPO and spotting like a mo fo. I always wonder if I should really be calling it spotting anymore when it's actually as heavy or even heavier than what I consider to be light AF when it happens at the end of my period. But I think FF would explode if I entered having a two week period! ;) Ah well, our OB appointment is in a few weeks and I'm really looking forward to a thorough interpretation of my testing results. Having the old OB who ordered the testing in the first place basically skip town just as testing was being completed and leave the results to my GP to try and interpret as 'it all looks fine to me' while I wait five more months for a new referral and appointment to come through, has been a bit frustrating to say the least.

Non-TTCAL, hubby and I are really looking forward to seeing Bon Jovi in Vancouver the first week of October! As for what I love about fall, it's the Canada Geese. Our town is right on a river, and the part right by the bridge is a huge bird sanctuary, the geese are arriving in their droves. We live just out of town across from a large farm, and the geese fly right over our house in huge flocks on their way over from the river and basically coat the fields eating crop stubble. You can hear and see them all day, and I love it!! I would truly miss their sound if I ever moved away from here.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• ncchnat said:
    sig/ticker

Enjoy your vacation, @sammer818! Nashville is a blast and I bet Maine is gorgeous this time of year. I hope you guys are able to come a decision you're happy with about the agencies.

What odd dreams, @EKGibs! I hope those stop for you soon and you also hear good news about the job.

@lindsayhilleary, I have my fingers crossed that you only need this first IUI!

@MsAmandaPants, I have my fingers crossed for you, too! I'm so sorry that no one caught the problem with his meds sooner. I hope that's the only screw up.

@RedTwizzlers, no advice on what you should or shouldn't do, but yay for a fixed ute!

@buggirl72, that's nuts! I hope you get the job. 

I'm glad you like the geese, @gscoville, because I hate the damn things. They coat my yard and driveway with droppings which means I have to wear shoes walking around the yard. It's my yard; I should be able to go barefoot, damn it!  I hope the testing results give you either the all clear or a problem that is easily fixed.

<3<3<3<3<3

I'm sure I would like the geese a whole lot less if I was dealing with their poop all the time!

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• buggirl72buggirl72 member
    edited September 2013
    ncchnat said:
    sig/ticker

Enjoy your vacation, @sammer818! Nashville is a blast and I bet Maine is gorgeous this time of year. I hope you guys are able to come a decision you're happy with about the agencies.

What odd dreams, @EKGibs! I hope those stop for you soon and you also hear good news about the job.

@lindsayhilleary, I have my fingers crossed that you only need this first IUI!

@MsAmandaPants, I have my fingers crossed for you, too! I'm so sorry that no one caught the problem with his meds sooner. I hope that's the only screw up.

@RedTwizzlers, no advice on what you should or shouldn't do, but yay for a fixed ute!

@buggirl72, that's nuts! I hope you get the job. 

I'm glad you like the geese, @gscoville, because I hate the damn things. They coat my yard and driveway with droppings which means I have to wear shoes walking around the yard. It's my yard; I should be able to go barefoot, damn it!  I hope the testing results give you either the all clear or a problem that is easily fixed.

<3<3<3<3<3

Hi NCC!

Funny, but I did end up with the job! Here's the link to my GIF story about it: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12091965/monday-gif-story-i-have-a-job#latest

The short of it is, somebody screwed up. I did paperwork and the drug test on Monday and am supposed to start on 9/30. I'm just waiting for the call from my recruiter telling me where to go and at what time.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @sammer818 I hope you have a great vacation!!

@EKGibs I hope the paperwork goes through soon so you can get started at your job! Sounds like a great opportunity for you.

@RedTwizzlers I say JUST DO IT! Lol. You have been waiting long enough! Maybe just NTNP if you don't want to actively try.

@buggirl72 Glad everything worked out with the job and GL! I hope you like it.

@MsAmandaPants I hope the 2WW is not tooo much torture for you.  FX that the IUIs get you your BFP!

@lindsayhilleary How did the IUI procedure go?

@gcsoville I hope you like your new OB and have fun at the concert!

TTCAL update: Being kind of lax with charting this month.  Haven't been temping every day and we aren't doing OPKs either.  I thought I would just base it off ovulation pains and CM and see what happens. I figured I wouldn't have much luck, but today I have massive amounts of EWCM so DH is coming home early so we can BD before I go to school.

;))

I have an U/S schedule next Wed and my F/U with my OB next Friday. Me and DH will discuss the fertility meds this weekend and figure out what we want to do.

Non TTCAL- I love bonfires, making s'mores, Halloween, the changing colors of the leaves.  And school is kicking my ass. Specifically my legal research class. The amount of work is ridiculous. My stress level is really high which obviously is not good for baby making purposes!

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"