LGBT Parenting

Health and Wellness Check In

Not sure if I posted this last week (of course others are always free to do so) but I could use some wellness this week! :)

How are things going?

QOTW: what is your favorite fall outdoor activity?
Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
*Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Health and Wellness Check In

• I suck at working out. If only it was the same as saying "I need to work out", I would be good to go. My eating is still better than it has been, so there's that. This 2ww is a real mind f**k. 

QOTD: Hiking and backpacking, for sure!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• I used to ride my bike all the time but I have been super slacking since I started back at work.  I get home after teaching and coaching and all I want to do is relax and play with LO.  I need a plan!

Bike riding and sitting on the patio with a cold beer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • It's all about mental health for me this week. As posted previously, I've hit a bit of a rough spot with anxiety surrounding this FET, but I seem to be turning a corner (thanks, friends). I also have a therapy appointment tonight and will be starting my Circle + Bloom recordings tomorrow, which should help.

As for physical health, I've done a decent job with eating but my weight loss has stalled. On the bright side, I'm not gaining. I went to the gym on Sunday for the first time since I broke my foot (just did 20 minutes on the bike and tried walking on the treadmill for 5 minutes to test the waters), and plan to go back tonight. I'm keeping up with my PT homework, and I'm definitely making progress with my foot (though I'm still in the walking boot most of the time, so my hip remains screwed up). My goal is to make it out of the boot permanently by the weekend so I can start addressing the hip issue and hopefully go into pregnancy (?!?) pain-free.

QOTW: My wife and I love kayaking whenever it's not too cold, but we don't do it often because we don't own them and renting them adds up quickly. Usually it happens in the summer but I like it even better in the fall when it's gorgeous out and a little cooler. We are planning to go out on a river in southeastern MA in a week and a half and I'm really looking forward to it! I also like apple picking, which isn't exactly much exercise but is definitely outside!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been doing well!  I have been eating more fruits/veggies and getting my exercise in.  I'm doing everything with little intensity (I find when I "go hard" I tend to burn out really quickly) so I've just got 2 simple goals: work out three times a week, and fit in more fruits/veggies in my diet.  Otherwise, no changes.  I do much better when I go easy on myself.  When I get used to these changes, I'll add more.  Slow and steady wins the race.  I am not in a hurry.

Only problem I'm having right now is sleep.  I haven't been able to sleep well the past couple nights.  I got into a tizzy Monday night because my e-reader stopped working and I'm at the climax of a book I've been reading so I got bent out of shape about it and then had troubles falling asleep.  Then last night I tried to fix it and it didn't work so now I can't read my book.  If you're an avid reader, you know what it's like.  It's frustrating.  I may have to find the same novel at the library and pick up where I left off, if they have it!  Gah!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"