December 2012 Moms
Options

Different next time?

I was talking to some new mom friends about what we think we will be different about when it comes to next kiddo. I know from the beginning I will be more relaxed about getting preggo. I know my body can do it so no need for Doppler daily! Also, I think I will handle the sleepless nights in the first few months better bc I've seen the end of the tunnel. It's hard with your first bc you don't know how or when things will smooth out but now that she is in a routine and we are more confident as parents I feel I understand babies better. Anything you feel more confident about?

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Different next time?

• Options
    The chances of us having a second kid is slim to none but DH talks about it.

Ill be more relaxed during pregnancy too. And watch what i eat. Sleepless nights weren't ever an issue for us. She's always been a good sleeper...but in our bed. I wouldn't co-sleep the second time. There were plenty of nights I started her out in her crib and she would sleep for 5-6 hours, from like 7-midnight and I would scoop her up on the way to bed.

I would still breast feed, but not be so freaked out and a raving lunatic when she would go through boycotts/growth spurts.

I've had it SO easy this time around. She's not a crier, a great sleeper, a great eater. I think that's about 40% of why I don't want to ruin my child rearing experiences and potentially have a crazy baby the 2nd time around.
    IMG_4940vin-1-1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think my source of confidence is coming from finding the right resources for information that melds with what I feel is appropriate. NBD because we are of the one and done mind set.

On a side not, DH and I were saying if we were starting over on the stroller front, would select the City Mini GT, and get the Britax car seat because less involved for the stroller adaptor. Also more confident in pumping - am pumping at work now, but would not changed the trips home to feed that I was able to do during months 3 to 6.

Was looking at pics from LOs first few months last night. It is amazing how much she has changed (& the things that have not changed). Think I'd put her down more often however I type this as LO is taking het late afternoon nap on me (rather than getting uo to put her into her crib).
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would be much like you, OP, and be more relaxed about getting pregnant. We were on a mission las time, and it was stressful. Neither of us want to do that again. I think I would also be a little more relaxed about nursing, knowing that it does get better and easier with time. I have had a relatively easy baby though, and it does make me nervous that we won't be so lucky the second time around.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I think my confidence would be through the roof, esp. if I had a singleton the next time around (though, even if by some crazy chance I had twins again, I would know how to handle them....). I would also aim to EBF for longer.
  • Options
    I worried too much about every little thing with DS1. Meeting milestones, every little sniffle, every bump of the head. I have been a lot more laid back with DS2. I'll probably be completely horizontal by the time we have #4.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    I would not care what my house looked like, I don't know what I was thinking but I spent many mornings crying and doing the dishes because I was just so tired but the house was messy.. WHO CARES! I would definitely sleep when the baby slept and be more patient and relaxed with breast feeding and ask the hospital consultant if I'm having trouble. I will not pump around the clock for 5 months, that's insane and probably where all my sleep went. I'm 100% percent determined to get breast feeding down the next time and I think going through the troubles with this LO will have helped a lot for the next. I'll probably have the same problems but I'll be expecting them. Seeing my LO now is just a huge confidence booster because he's happy, healthy and thriving! So w.e obstacles were in the beginning have helped make me a better mom and I'm ready for w.e LO 2 has in store for me when the time comes. 
  • Options
    I think I will make it a point to really enjoy and appreciate my next pregnancy. Pregnancy was such a crazy mix of emotions for me since we had recently miscarried, so I avoided getting attached too early and didn't even take progressive pictures until the end. There were other factors also, but I do regret not trying to enjoy it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"