January 2013 Moms
Options

Lefty or Righty??

I was wondering when we will start to see a dominate hand, so I googled it. Yikes never google anything lol. 

I googled it because my LO shows more dominance with her left hand. She will use her right hand as well, but def favors the left. I am right handed, and my H is technically right handed but does everything with his left. Even uses a sharp knife with his non dominate hand. (I think his mom may have seen he was going to be left handed and made him switch, she was a school teacher)

Has anyone else noticed a dominate hand?

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
Induced week 39 due to severe GD
Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
ET 3/25 
Beta #1 127
Beta #2 845
U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

Re: Lefty or Righty??

• Options
    I guess showing signs of left hand preference so early is a sign for neurological problems. I was a bit shocked as I thought I was just googling something fun.

IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• Options
    Ours shows a left preference.. Man, i hate google.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I guess showing signs of left hand preference so early is a sign for neurological problems. I was a bit shocked as I thought I was just googling something fun.
    Yeah, this is a bit alarmist.  I know plenty of lefties who are absolutely brilliant.  
  • Options
    Interesting that a lot of babies are showing left hand preference.

Googling is the worst lol, especially during the 2ww after IVF. :)

IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• Options
    teds1chic said:
    I'm a lefty and DD is showing preference to her left also. I think it's genetic---out of the 4 of my siblings and myself, 3 are lefties as is my mom.
    Just-published studies showing that it's genetic! :)

• Options
    DD favors using her left hand, but then she uses her right too. I don't think you will be able to definitively tell until they are a year old or older, if what I've read and heard is correct. It would be so weird if DD was left-handed though because everyone in my family is a righty (my dad is ambidextrous), and so is DH!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #1 - DD conceived April 2012, born January 10, 2013 
    BFP #2 - DS conceived March 2013, born December 20, 2013
    Two babies, 11 months apart! We're in for a ride!
  • Options
    kyrstieskyrsties member
    edited September 2013
    Interesting that a lot of babies are showing left hand preference. Googling is the worst lol, especially during the 2ww after IVF. :)
    Definitely, maybe it's common for this age, or maybe it has something to do with our January babies! Haha, 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #1 - DD conceived April 2012, born January 10, 2013 
    BFP #2 - DS conceived March 2013, born December 20, 2013
    Two babies, 11 months apart! We're in for a ride!
  • Options
    DD mainly uses her left hand too. My DH, MIL, sister and grandpa are all lefties. It's been annoying though because the MIL has been going around bragging and posting on FB that her sugar baby is a lefty like her Nona. It makes me want her not to be a lefty. Is that bad? Lol. And calling her sugar baby?! Ugh
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD mainly uses her left hand too. My DH, MIL, sister and grandpa are all lefties. It's been annoying though because the MIL has been going around bragging and posting on FB that her sugar baby is a lefty like her Nona. It makes me want her not to be a lefty. Is that bad? Lol. And calling her sugar baby?! Ugh
    Ugh when DD was like a month old my MIL kept saying "oooh looks like she's going to be right handed". So annoying   8-|

IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• Options
    Yeah, this is a bit alarmist.  I know plenty of lefties who are absolutely brilliant.  
    Actually, I think it's more that showing ANY preference period is concerning. DS, for example, shows a right-hand preference (really only uses his right hand) because of the stroke he had after birth. I think the way Dr. Google means it is that it's alarming if they ONLY use one hand. I heard that babies can start showing a preference a little before turning one, though, so I think everyone's in the clear. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"