Blended Families

She's a "Fixer".

So a little light came on in XH's head and he realized I knew about him moving in with R.  I said I didn't care, because I knew he would move quickly, but what really started pissing me off was his lying and that DD is at the age where she's starting to talk and unwittingly divulge our lives to each other.  SHe is also going to learn soon what a lie is. Please try to refrain and not teach her these things - and if you don't think she'll pick up on it...you're being stupid.

Surprisingly he didn't argue.

He immediately starts with the reasoning for moving in so fast.  He told me, "Well when you know something is right, it's just right."  And this made me laugh, "I am trying to turn over a new leaf, and I found an opportunity with R."  Yep.  That's exactly what I was too. An OPPORTUNITY. 

An opportunity to use her.  How do I know this?  She's a fixer!  How do I know she's a fixer?

He divulges to me that her last boyfriend, she waited on for 20 months.  I said, "Waited on?? Like In Jail Waited On??"  He says yeah. For DUI's.  He goes on to tell me how he treated her bad, and that when he got out of jail, he got back into drinking, meth, etc...she tried to help him, yada, yada, yada.

All I could say was OMG.  She's fucking doomed.  Perfect for XH. And XH is very, very bad for her.  And I get to sit back and wait for that trainwreck.

The good news is (and he may be handing my a bunch of BS) is that R used to work in a day care, he made some statements that sounded legit - in fact, I thought he was taking a bigger interest in her daycare lately, and she told XH that they would sleep separate the weekends they had DD. XH told me he slept with DD in a bed and I told him he better nip that one quick because she's getting at that age where it's getting inappropriate.  He agreed and said that they have another bedroom that they could consider making DD's.  He also told me things she's suggested, and I know with how she folds DD's clothes, and DD's pretty braids when she comes home, that she's trying and she really does care about DD.  So I am grateful and I will tell R that at some point.

But I feel even more sorry for her. XH likes "fixers".  Or in other words, "Motherly" girlfriends.  From what I'm starting to see, and hear from both DD and XH unwittingly divulging things, she bends over backwards to spoil DD and take care of XH.  Great.  You are so screwed lady.  Best of luck to ya because XH is going to take advantage of your generosity just like he did mine.  On one of the pickups last month, he mentioned he's hoping to have a motorcycle soon. Yep.  With me it was the quads. With her...it will be a motorcycle.  Someone new to help him buy and can't pay when he loses his jobs. 

Anyway - I know it's not my business. XH just shared it with me today when he called to make peace and divulge to me the truth.  He offered the address, and I got so sidetracked by his dirt on R I totally forgot. I'm sure he will give it to me when I ask again. 

"he offered her the world. she said she had her own" - poet Monique Duval

Re: She's a "Fixer".

• Perhaps they are exactly what each other needs. He's ridiculously codependent and she is a fixer-and she sounds like she is a good, kind person. Hopefully that works out and they live happily ever after. It would r better than him jumping from woman to woman.
  • I agree.  DD obviously likes her and she obviously cares for DD.  That makes me happy.

She's also made my life easier too.

• Loading the player...
  • Oh, one more thing - I am guilty too. I made some really stupid financial mistakes by trusting XH.  I took some big risks when I should have put my foot down and didn't.  So, I'm to blame too - XH however refuses to admit his part.

It's all me of course. I'm the awful  bitch X who did HIM wrong.

• Its weird that you can see a pattern of things he does now that you're on the outside of it.  Maybe weird isn't the right word, surreal?  Interesting? In any case, RUN R, RUNNNNNN!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah. I'm starting to wonder how I could have been so stupid. But XH is very, very charming. I also fell in love with the "idea" of him. 

I'm learning a ton about myself from this. It's all good. Still hard to watch their trainwreck without wanting to try and talk some sense into her. But I can't.   I only get to watch.

• +just+j+ said:

Yeah. I'm starting to wonder how I could have been so stupid. But XH is very, very charming. I also fell in love with the "idea" of him. 

I'm learning a ton about myself from this. It's all good. Still hard to watch their trainwreck without wanting to try and talk some sense into her. But I can't.   I only get to watch.

Yeah, I fell in love with the "idea" of BD too. And that's all it was, an "idea." Poor R. I feel bad for BD's GF now. She seems like a great person, attractive, employed, friendly - I think she thinks her downside is that she has 2 young boys. Honestly though, so many people have kids now a days, and if she just glanced around she would find someone a million times better than BD. From what little I know, she's selling herself short. WAY short. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"