January 2013 Moms
Options

Ugh. So gross.

So, DD and I were going out for a walk this morning. We ran into a neighbor and her son on the way out (he must be around 3 years old). He was very excited when he saw DD and ran up and started touching her face. His mom ran over and tried to pull him away saying "he loves kids" he then held her hand and started touching her face again. Then he sticks his finger right in DD's mouth! Ugh. I'm so grossed out. His mom then picked him up and he had a temper tantrum because I left with DD.
I wouldn't mind him coming and saying hello, but sticking his finger in her mouth just really bothers me.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Ugh. So gross.

• Options
    You should have stopped him and said "let's not touch her face please" or something. It's okay to correct other children when they're touching yours. It's kind of yucky but DD grabbed DH's shoe and had it in her mouth the other day. Now THAT was gross.

• Options
    I did reach down and try to stop him. And asked him not to. I just read that and realized I forgot to mention it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

You're going to have to keep an eye on that little turkey! I used to feel awkward when correcting other people's kid around mine but now I feel like I'm running interference every time I see another kid heading her way. 

:P

• Options
    82Sonia said:
    You should have stopped him and said "let's not touch her face please" or something. It's okay to correct other children when they're touching yours. It's kind of yucky but DD grabbed DH's shoe and had it in her mouth the other day. Now THAT was gross.
    DD is obsessed with our shoes. This has already happened like a dozen times in our house :).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

82Sonia said:

DD is obsessed with our shoes. This has already happened like a dozen times in our house :).

Us too! I try to stop her as much as possible. But honestly I try not to go too crazy bout germs. Yes, I prefer fingers and shoes stay out of her mouth but she's a baby and it's gonna happen. It's all just boosting her immune system!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"