New to The Bump
Options

Here We Go!

My husband and I just recently decided to get off birth control! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :) I am ready to be mom!

Re: Here We Go!

• Options

Welcome!

What advice are you looking for?

• Options
    Mostly advice pertaining to getting pregnant after being on birth control for a while. Does it affect the process even after your done taking the pill? Is there anything I should be doing to increase our chances? Sorry. I am FULL of questions! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi! I just recently got off the pill and was advised to learn how to temp and chart. I was directed to fertilityfriend.com and have learned so much already. I'm still trying to get the hang of it but thought this was a good start. Also i started taking prenatal vitamins...it's never too early to start. Best of luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    That's a good idea! I'll have to pick some up tomorrow!
  • Options

It really depends on how you want to approach it.

Some people's cycles regulate right off of BC, some take a few months to get back to normal.

Some people just wing it and don't do anything special. Some people plunge right into charting and all the other "extras" that can come with it.

Start prenatal vitamins now. And look at your finances in terms of how you plan to pay for childcare, or living on one income if one of you is a SAHP.

And remember, you have ideally about a 20% chance each cycle of getting pg, and it can take up to a year for a healthy couple to conceive. So don't stress if it doesn't happen right away.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"