Postpartum Depression

I'm just going to put this out there...

Big hugs to all you mamas.  It Does get better.  I had PPD/PPA after both of my sons were born and was a crying, fussing (at my husband) mess of emotions/guilt/fears.

I started 25mg. of Zoloft about 4 months pp and noticed a change very quickly. I've been on it ever since (except when I was TTC my second son and while I was pregnant with him) and have no desire to stop taking it.

I just want to say that it will get better and try to remind yourself that the combo of hormones and a lack of sleep can make you feel crazy.  Big hugs.  Parenting is never easy, but those first few months are just hell!

Re: I'm just going to put this out there...

• Thank you so much for posting this.  I'm feeling pretty hopeless and depressed right now.  I had this with my first child too and recovered, but its hard to remember that. Right now I feel like I'm never going to overcome the anxiety, it's awful :(.
    Mom of 2 with 1 on the way!
    Mason 7 - 1/8/10
    Samantha 4 - 6/28/13
  • A year later, my son has settled into my normal, my body is back to normal, and my meds are working great. Light reached! There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

• Loading the player...
  • I appreciate this post so much! Today has been a rough day :(

TTC #1 since 5/2010 dx: annovulatory 

RLP: 2/2012: normal HSG 3/2012: normal

BFP #1 7/20/11 M/C 7/25/11. BFP #2 11/29/11 M/C 12/21/11

I have two angel babies that I will see again one day

BFP #3 10/27/12 EDD: 7/6/13

Baby Emma arrived at 35 weeks by surprise on June 3rd, 2013!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #4: 5/23/14 EDD: 1/30/15  Emma's gonna be a big sister!

Beta #1 19DPO: 213 Beta #2 21DPO: 674

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Really needed to read this today
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"