Homeschooling

Multiplication .

Worlds dumbest question. Drawing a picture of 2 times 8 do you draw 2 eight times? One time I saw it the opposite and was totally confused.

Re: Multiplication .

• I would think that if you are writing the equation as 2 a total of eight times (2 x 8) you would make eight groups of two.

But essentially they are the same thing, right? 2 x 8 still equals 16, just like 8 x 2=16.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• wifeofadamwifeofadam member
    edited September 2013
    I think this is MUD.  This first for our board.

With how many people on TB that are very vocal in their opposition to HSing, I'm surprised we haven't had more!

• Loading the player...
  • I could not remember my login on my home computer and used one that I created a long time ago but I was the one that posted it so I promise it is not MUD. And sadly enough I actually have a BS in Elementary Education. My son is in public school first grade and needless to say the math is ridiculously easy for him and he wants to learn multiplication. When I was a kid we did tons of rote memorization. Since my brain wants to teach the two times tables and then the three times tables, etc. I want to count by the number we are working on and show 2x8 as 2 eight times and I have a feeling that is not how it is learned anymore. And I know it means the same thing in the end but I wanted to teach it the way that books would teach it now and I figured you homeschooling ladies are more on top of this than I am.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • I could not remember my login on my home computer and used one that I created a long time ago but I was the one that posted it so I promise it is not MUD. And sadly enough I actually have a BS in Elementary Education. My son is in public school first grade and needless to say the math is ridiculously easy for him and he wants to learn multiplication. When I was a kid we did tons of rote memorization. Since my brain wants to teach the two times tables and then the three times tables, etc. I want to count by the number we are working on and show 2x8 as 2 eight times and I have a feeling that is not how it is learned anymore. And I know it means the same thing in the end but I wanted to teach it the way that books would teach it now and I figured you homeschooling ladies are more on top of this than I am.
    I apologize.  I saw that it was someone's first post and I thought it was MUD.

• No problem, I totally understand and would have said the same.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"