New York Babies

Relocating to New York - Park Slope or UES?

We are moving in January and trying to figure out where to live.  We have narrowed it down to the Upper East Side or Park Slope.  My twin girls will start Pre-K next Fall.  It looks like both neighborhoods have overcrowded schools so that doesn't help narrow it down.  Does anyone have advice on which neighboorhood to choose? My husband will be working 1-2 days/week in midtown and 3-4 days/wk downtown. Will we likely get more square footage for our rent in Park Slope than in UES?  TIA

Fiona & Julia imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 23 mos. TTC, MFI, IUI #1&2 BFN, IVF #1 = BFP!!!

Re: Relocating to New York - Park Slope or UES?

• I think you'll get more space in park slope. My husband does real estate. If you want his contact info PM me and I'll pass it along.
  • I live on the UES and I hate it!For Pre-K, you should have already applied for the next year, although there might be some schools who will take you.
    The UES is family friendly, but it's very crowded. If your heart is set on living in Manhattan, then it's a great place but I'd suggest to hang out here on a weekend, for a few hrs.Go to a playground and see how you feel.If you need playground recommendations, let me know.

I've heard great things about Park Slope and you will get a little more space for your buck.Just a little, though, because it's also a high demand place to live.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"