LGBT Parenting

Clomid question

So I'm venturing into the magical world of Clomid!  I've never taken it before.  My doctor gave me 150 mg to take from CD 3-7.  The pills come in increments of 50 mg.  For those who have taken more than 50 mg per day, do you take them all at once?  Or do you take them at different times of day?  I didn't know if I took all three pills at one time or if I took one in the morning, afternoon, and then night... It doesn't specify on my package.  I can always call my pharmacist, too, but I figured I'd see what others did as well.

Re: Clomid question

• M took 100mg of clomid via two pills at the same time. She took hers before bed as per our RE's suggestion to minimize the likelihood of experiencing side effects.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Wow.  150mg is a large dose to start on.   AFAIK that is basically the highest recommended dose of clomid, though I have heard of some RE's prescribing them as high as 200mg. 

Yes, you should take them at the same time, before bed.    Clomid was okay for me, but many on the TTTC board will have lots to say about their side effects.  For me the worst one was hot flashes and being a bit emotionally sensitive on it...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Loading the player...
  • Well, I'm really obese so my doctor put me on a higher strength to start.  It usually does take a lot of medicine for me to get any impact because of my weight so I'm not too shocked.

TRYING to work on that... I know how unhealthy it is for me to be this big but I guess I hadn't worried about it too much because I'm still relatively healthy and in shape.  Off topic, sorry.

Yeah, I'd planned to take mine at night, too.  I fear the crazies myself because my PMS is pretty off the charts.  I do get really emotional, angry, and sad swinging from one extreme to the other.  During my last bout of PMS I started crying at the store because the deli guy looked like my brother and then I realized I hadn't seen him in so long so I started tearing up.  And then - ugh, this is so embarrassing - the Plain White Tee's song came on (1, 2, 3, 4) and I totally lost it.  I couldn't stop crying for a couple hours.  C thought I'd gone insane - she kept asking me what was wrong and she was worried that I had an underlying issue I wasn't telling her about but seriously, it was just my hormones that made me totally crazy and unstable.

She better brace herself for what's to come.  I worry it won't be pretty...

• I was on 100mg of Clomid and I really don't think I had any side effects.  I might have been a little more emotional and I wanted to eat everything, but I go thru those phases at random times so I can't say for sure it was the medication.  But like everyone else said, take the pills together and take them the same time each day.
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• There was a woman on the 3T board last winter who booked a 3 day vacation for her and her DH to Las Vegas while she was in the midst of what she identified as the "Clomid Crazies" -- I laugh everytime I think back on that because it totally caught how I felt on it:  irritated, uncomfortable, with lots of feelings, and in desperate need of a vacation!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• LOL - well, whatever.  If it helps me get pregnant DP is just gonna have to deal.  I know how to control my temper when I have premenstrual insanity (by keeping my damn mouth shut and not expressing my opinions).  I also let it out by yelling at tea baggers on internet forums.  Yes, it's childish and immature but it really, really makes me feel better.  The sadness though, I can't control that.  It suuuuuuuuucks because my empathy increases 10 fold so when I hear or see something sad I start to cry.  Even if it's just a picture of a dirty kitten on the side of the road.  I'll make up some horrible back story in my head and start sobbing.  I'm ridiculous.  I will avoid lots of triggers come Clomid time next week... One of the big ones being Facebook.
  • One of my favorite other crazy stories: I wanted a Whopper from Burger King so I went to the drive-thru.  Then I started thinking of the cows, cried, and drove off to eat a veggie burger at home.  Normally I'm a dedicated carnivore with an understanding that yes, cows die for my dinner and I've come to terms with it by eating mostly organic, humanely raised beef (save the handful of Whopper cravings I get once in a while).
  • PS - I am NOT a crier.  I don't cry.  I hate crying.  I hate when other people cry in front of me.  I'm one of those heartless people who generally rolls her eyes at "criers" who make a scene.  So PMS throws me way out of character and I find it incredibly humiliating.  Sigh.
  • Oh, but it's so fun to poke the bears!  From a safe distance.  Behind my computer screen :) DP teases me for it but I love a good argument.  When I find an intelligent tea partier, I'm in heaven.  I'd save these arguments for my republican uncles but I'm afraid I may get kicked out of the family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"