3rd Trimester

TMI question

I am 29 weeks and it's getting hard for me to shave down there. I really can't stand it to be all hairy. I thought about getting a Brazilian wax. Anyone else had one? I have never been waxed before and heard its painful :(

Re: TMI question

• Start with a bikini wax and then work your way up to a brazilian.  I used to get brazilians and now I'm just getting bikinis just b/c they're faster.  Last time I got one I was fine but the time before I felt like I had to go to the bathroom every time she pulled off the wax. 

You can also ask for a betweeny which is between a bikini and brazilian (they just leave a little bit but you might have to describe what you want unless you go to a bliss spa where they actually have it on there spa menu).

• Nope. I always still keep up shaving the whole time. I would be scared to wax since there's even extra blood flow down there making it more sensitive to waxing.
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • WhitterpowWhitterpow member
    edited September 2013
    I've heard waxing is fine if you did it before you were pregnant, but if you didn't not to start now because of how sensitive everything is. I just feel and shave.
  • I had a bikini wax last month, around 27 weeks. It was a little more painful then before pregnancy, but not much. Personal preference - I hate shaving.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Make your SO do it.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

• I use to get waxed all the time. I got waxed pregnant and the pain level was a little more intense. It's worth it tho if you can handle the pain.

I unfortunately have had a breakout of ingrown hairs since the beg of pregnancy down there. I've never had to deal with it before. Anyone else deal with ingrown hairs down there for a long period of time durning pregnancy?

I haven't been able to shave or wax for months because of it
  • orijinaleorijinale member
    edited September 2013
    This isnt the time to decide on Brazilians and im a big advocate for them. Keep shaving.
  • Nah. 

I use a full body mirror and lots of lighting. 
    VOTE on my Name List
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Get the razor with clippers on the other end. It won't be tidy enough for a centerfold shoot, but it is easy and quick to do while working around a big belly.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Expecting our first, baby BOY, 12/12/13
  • I use to get waxed all the time. I got waxed pregnant and the pain level was a little more intense. It's worth it tho if you can handle the pain. I unfortunately have had a breakout of ingrown hairs since the beg of pregnancy down there. I've never had to deal with it before. Anyone else deal with ingrown hairs down there for a long period of time durning pregnancy? I haven't been able to shave or wax for months because of it
    I have had brazillians when not pg and had great results.  At 33 weeks I decided to go ahead and get waxed because things were getting out of control.  It was SO incredibly painful, and I am STILL dealing with tons of gross ingrown hairs almost 5 weeks later.  There hasn't been a single point since I got it done that I thought, "hey, that was a great idea!"

image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got a bikini wax for the first time a few weeks ago. I know, everyone says not to go for your first time while pregnant. And I will admit, it smarts. But it really wasn't so bad. I'll be going back for another.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
    N '13 November Siggy Challenge- Baby Pictures

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No waxing for me. DH took over 3 months ago on that..
  • MarieC78 said:

Get the razor with clippers on the other end. It won't be tidy enough for a centerfold shoot, but it is easy and quick to do while working around a big belly.

This! I think Schick makes one specifically for women for about $8. It has a regular razor on one end & clippers on the other. Works great!
  • I'll never understand why people care about this and I shaved totally before pregnancy. It's only a temporary annoyance.

But I agree with pp, just get the razor with the clipper on the other end. It's not perfect but it works well enough.
  • I gave up with any sort of grooming down there once I could no longer see. I just don't care anymore. DH doesn't mind and the doctors certainly have seen way worse.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I use to get waxed all the time. I got waxed pregnant and the pain level was a little more intense. It's worth it tho if you can handle the pain. I unfortunately have had a breakout of ingrown hairs since the beg of pregnancy down there. I've never had to deal with it before. Anyone else deal with ingrown hairs down there for a long period of time durning pregnancy? I haven't been able to shave or wax for months because of it
    I wax from time to time and it does sting a bit. I can't see anything down there now even with a mirror so shaving is not an option. For financial reasons I've only had the top part (belly) waxed since becoming pregnant and that definitely hurt a lot more than usual. I've had nothing but problems with ingrown hairs since. I'm not sure what's uglier. A big hairy punanny or one covered in ingrown hairs?

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

(Always in our hearts baby Erwan 22/03/11. 22w + 5d)

• I do the clipper on the end of my razor.  I used to wax, no way in hell I am doing that pregnant!  Ouch!
  • I've heard waxing is fine if you did it before you were pregnant, but if you didn't not to start now because of how sensitive everything is. I just feel and shave.
    This. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • By feel and then touch up w/mirror.  It works out ok.  I considered the Brazilian, but was scared of extra sensitivity. 
    Mom to one in heaven. Mom to one here on Earth.

BFP - 12/1
    First U/S - 12/11 Saw heartbeat
    Second U/S - 12/18 HR 120 BPM 
    Third U/S - 12/23/2014 HR 150 BPM

Due Date - 8/8/2015 
    Arrival Date - 8/3/2015 - Asher David 8 lbs 5 oz 21 1/2"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"