High-Risk Pregnancy

Rheumatoid Arthritis & remission during pregnancy

Is there anyone who suffers from RA that went into remission during their pregnancy? And if so, when? I am currently 16w1d and still praying there's a chance of remission. Despite my best efforts, I had to go back on prednisone at 12 weeks due to a bad flare up. I am down to only 2.5 mg right now. I am still in pain but it is bearable enough to where I can function and there isn't stress on the baby.

Re: Rheumatoid Arthritis & remission during pregnancy

• I was doing great until about 22 weeks. I finally decided there was no reason to suffer and started on prednisone. We've played around with the dose and I'm doing good on 10mg a day. 

I was on Enbrel prior to getting pregnant and my rheum sa

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know this is a late reply but I too have RA and was in remission for both of my pregnancies. It started pretty early on (if not the beginning) and lasted until a couple weeks after birth. Be prepared for a big flare up after they are born. It was blissful having it in remission but when it comes back, it kicks your butt.

| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Tracker</a>[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/43ff7d]
    [img]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/43ff7d/ttc.png[/img]
    [/
    RA with Sjogren's Syndrome. Risk of heart block in newborn. Age: DH and I are both 38.
    BFP #1: 11/25/2007, EDD 7/28/2008 - Missed m/c (blighted ovum) 12/6/2007 6w3d, D&C 1/3/2008.
    BFP #2: 4/2008 - Natural m/c at 6w.
    Met with RE in 5/2008 full cycle analysis and SA normal. Not considered high risk for blood clots but prescribed 1 baby aspirin a day precautionary during TTC and Progesterone suppositories during 1st trimester of pregnancy.
    BFP #3: 10/17/2008. EDD 6/23/2009,  Third time's the charm! Healthy baby boy born 6/27/2009 via emergency c-section.
    BFP #4: 6/14/2011. Healthy baby boy born 2/16/2012 via elective c-section.
    BFP #5: 1/15/2014. EDD 9/22/2014. 
    2/17/14:.We have a BABY!!! Heart rate 167 and measuring on time. 3/10/14 u/s #2 baby measuring perfectly at 12 weeks at heart rate of 166. NT u/s was normal. Maternit21 blood draw on 3/5/14. Results back on 3/19 - Normal.  It's a BOY!!!  4/10/14 at 16 weeks, 3 days discovered baby's heart stopped at 15 weeks, 6 days. D&C 4/11/14.  Pathology results were all normal.  New information on 8/11/14 - blood test revealed 1/3 of babys blood was in mine caused, most likely, by a tear in the placenta from extreme coughing.  Doctor believes this to be the cause of death.  Repeat D&C and Hysteroscopy scheduled for 8/19/14.  My Chart

• Loading the player...
  • I have lupus, not RA but been in remission.
  • I have lupus as well but was in remission before I conceived however I have definitely heard that it is better to take you meds
    And control the autoimmune disease than not as it is a higher risk for the baby and you. But I hope you find some remission relief as well!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"