October 2013 Moms

Shower Returns - Belk

Does anyone know how good/or not good Belk is at returns/exchanges?  I had my baby shower in DH's hometown today and pretty much recieved all blankets and clothing (which I expected, the two places I registered at are an hour drive from town, but having a shower there was a last mintue plan so I'd already created my registries by then).  I now have about 10 blankets, and all the clothing I received was either NB or 0-3m so I need to do some returning and exchanging (at least get a few larger sizes of some of the outfits).  I have some gift receipts, but I also have some items that all of the tags were removed from and no gift receipt (not just store tags but brand tags removed).  So I am not sure how returning/exchanging will go on some items.  If all else fails I know a bit of it probably came from WalMart so I can always try to take things back there too!  Just wondering if anyone had any experience with Belk! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Shower Returns - Belk

• Never heard of Belk in my life. Did you try googling their return policy?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I haven't, but if a lot of the tags are removed I would imagine you are going to have a hard time exchanging them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Loading the player...
  • If no one answers this by the end of tomorrow or the next day, I will find out for you. I work right next door to a Belk, and have an item I need to return there as well. I'll check back,
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
                photo 9C31AC9F05D04D93B9651C72F4FB18BCashx_zps51f4b406.gifimagephoto 9AE0565796E740CE962988DC1EFD9F27ashx_zps7852ee4b.gif
  • We don't have one here, but I imagine their return policy is on the back of their receipt or on the website.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

• Regardless of where you return them you will have a hard time returning anything w/o tags.

• I would think at Belk you would at least be able to do an exchange, or have it all put on a gift card!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Feb Siggy Challenge
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I dunno what Bell is.

Without tags tho, I can't think of any place that would allow a return.
    Daniel ~ October 21, 2013

• That's so weird they removed all the tags. Who does that?
  • I had several things that had tags but the bar codes were removed. I was pretty certain they came from WalMart (99.9 percent) but they would not return, even with the same item in the store. PITA
  • That's so weird they removed all the tags. Who does that?
    One of my friends from HS used to do this all the time--buy a gift and remove ALL the tags. I thought it was so rude and very odd.
  • Why why why???? Belk probably isn't going to take anything back without the bar codes to prove it came from belk, much less with the items themselves having been altered. People are crazy to do that. Walmart even has to scan something these days to show it came from there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimageimage
  • Without any tags at all they probably won't accept it. That is such a strange thing to do! It's like they are trying to force you to keep the exact gift they got you.

• nbcarlson said:

That is such a strange thing to do! It's like they are trying to force you to keep the exact gift they got you.

I had a family a church give me a (kind of ugly but its the thought that counts) little outfit for the baby - ALL tags off and the paper "taped" with bandaids. So odd.

• EmJ&B said:

nbcarlson said:

That is such a strange thing to do! It's like they are trying to force you to keep the exact gift they got you.

I had a family a church give me a (kind of ugly but its the thought that counts) little outfit for the baby - ALL tags off and the paper "taped" with bandaids. So odd.
    What?? Bandaids?? What paper, like the wrapping paper?

People are so weird.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

• Ugh the band aid thing makes me shudder... I bet they weren't used but.... Bleurgh.
  • Belk is a huge Macy's competitor. I'm sure their return policy is similar. Can't imagine they would take something back without tags, but worth a shot. Worst they can say is no
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah, the tags being removed is the issue, and that was mainly done on the blankets.  I have only ever removed or marked out the price on gifts so I found it a little odd that all tags were taken off.  At least with the clothes I'm sure I can exchange for different sizes, but we shall see.  I plan on making a trip their this weekend so we will hope for the best. 

• No matter where it's purchased, I'm thinking no tags equals no returns.  Anything with tags or a gift receipt and you should be good to go.
  • @HFrizzle sorry - didn't see ...
    HFrizzle said:

EmJ&B said:

nbcarlson said:

What?? Bandaids?? What paper, like the wrapping paper?

People are so weird.
    Yeah. It was just like birthday wrapping paper but instead of tape, it was band aids. And not cool band aids, either. The old fashioned kind.

• I used to work at Belk (granted, it was many, many years ago), but the return policy then was very slack at the time. People could return anything and everything regardless of whether or not it had tags or whether or not you had a receipt. Most of the time, we would just find the item out on the floor and use those tags or if we couldn't find it, we'd find something similar. There are so many Belk stores around that all you really had to say was that you received the items as gifts and you were told they came from Belk, but you weren't sure which store. If you don't have a receipt, they will give you a Belk gift card for the lowest sales price of the item purchased or something similar. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 

BFP #2: 2/16/13...Owen Ray born 6 weeks early 9/9/13

photo e0fadb54-1cd9-4c5f-8086-5e25d4789dbe_zps5ef23e41.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"