December 2012 Moms
Options

Accountability Group

Morning All,

I'm up 1lb this week, it's mainly because I stopped tracking around Thursday and haven't gotten in much exercise.  

Let's talk about triggers and fears.  

Triggers for me - Job instability, financial stress, and boredom at work and not feeling like I have a "home".  Some of you know hubs lost his job last year and we've had to move in with MIL, which has it's ups, but I'm not feeling like it's "my home".  I love my MIL and she's never ever said this is only her home, she's made it clear this is our home, but for me it's a long term pit stop, so I feel "out of control" for lack of a better term, so this is stressful for me and I don't feel like I have a routine.  Plus Sept 30th was suppose to be my last day at work, but the government in their wisdom has given us a temporary reprieve so, my last day will be Dec 31, however this doesn't make it any easier because either way I'm out of work unless the government comes to it's senses and give us of our full funding instead of sending it to the ITER Proj in France.  

Fears for me - I have a fear that I'm not going to be able to get my eating under control that I risk my health, but I also have a fear that if something does happen that I'll be too far in a denial that I still won't do something to help myself.  Does that make sense?  

Whew I went on didn't I.  LOL  What are your fears and triggers?

Re: Accountability Group

• Options
    My trigger is emotion- I am an emotional eater...if I'm stressed, upset, or bored, I feel like I am hungry and need to eat something..and I usually crave something specific that's not good for me (I have been wicked craving some of those little chocolate doughnuts that come like 6 in a pack at the gas station for weeks now). There's been a lot going on with my Dad's health lately, and we took another blow Fri so I haven't been eating well, and while I know what my triggers are, I am not very good at taking control and stopping myself.

Fears for me are similar to yours, Prncebride....I fear that by continuing to eat poorly, I am going to do harm...esp since my father's side has a strong history of heart disease and both he and my maternal grandfather developed type II diabetes as adults...I know I'm at an even higher risk for type II since I had GD (they thought I was type II because it developed so early, but my sugar returned to normal PP) but like I said, I have very little self control when I'm stressed/upset

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    Hey everyone, I am back this week! I was at school conferences all last week in Orlando and I pretty much ate like crap. The hubs and I agree that we are getting back on track and eating healthy this week.

Some triggers for me are emotionally eating by using food as comfort and social settings where we sit around and eat/drink.

I fear that years will fly by and I will stay in this current weight range. I really want to reach my goals and be at a healthier weight. Also, I want to set a good example for my kids and teach them to eat healthy which my parents did not do with us. Heart disease runs in my family so I would like to control my health by having a good diet so that I do not have to be on meds when I get older. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sigh...I have been putting this off all day.  I have gained back about 10 pounds since quitting the low carb diet I was on.  I know what I should be doing and I know how to do it...I'm just not doing it.  It's so much easier to go home and have a sandwich and chips. 

My trigger is stress, I used to not eat when stressed and now I can't eat enough!  I am very worried about money right now so I eat.  I had 2 Drumstick ice cream's yesterday....TWO!!!  Then on my way to workout I had coffee and a donut!  Then I stopped at Subway and got a breakfast sandwich....who does that???  I am doing it to myself and I know I need to stop but right now...I just can't. 

My fears are passing my unhealthy body image and habits onto Morgan and any other child(ren) I may have.  I want her to be healthy and happy, I don't want her to worry about food day and night.  It makes me scared for her.........

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"