November 2013 Moms
Options

Anyone else....

Lose their mucus plug yet? I called my doctor and he said that you can lose it up to 2-3 weeks before you give birth (I'll be 35 weeks in 3 weeks) and not to worry....well I'm worrying. Any thoughts?

Re: Anyone else....

• Options
    Not yet.  I didn't lose mine until I had my membranes stripped with DS.  My sister lost hers around 34 weeks and delivered at 39 weeks. 
  • Options
    I haven't yet either but I wouldn't worry.Yay! We're getting close!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm know I'm just being childish... but ewwww. This is one of the parts of pregnancy I am not looking forward to.
  • Options
    katie.725katie.725 member
    edited September 2013
    I had a little mucous on toilet paper this weekend... but it looked more like phlegm... sorry TMI but other than that I haven't... Crazy to think its coming up for us! :) 

ETA: not that it's anything significant but just another woah this kid is COMING moment
  • Options
    The nurse who teaches out childbirth class was talking about this and basically said it doesn't really mean anything, it can just happen towards the end.  I'm a FTM, but she said she's seen someone lose it and deliver shortly after and seen someone lose it and not deliver for another month.
  • Options
    I did a few days ago, or at least a portion of it. I'm 32 weeks also. I haven't talked to my doctor about it yet (I have an appt on Thursday) because I know it doesn't necessarily mean anything. But I'm like you; I know better, but am still worried. I've been having constant BH (again, I know totally normal and don't initiate labor), work 12h shifts as a nurse, and have other benign 3rd tri preg symptoms. All of these together make me a little nervous, though.

And I am no help.
  • Options

Never lost mine with DD1, haven't lost it yet with this LO either

Image and video hosting by TinyPic              image 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    babymama619babymama619 member
    edited September 2013
    In my birth class last week they said you can lose it up to 5 weeks before birth. As far as I know mine's still plugin' away.

• Options
    I lost my mucus plug the day I had DD1. I had no idea you could lose it up to 5 weeks before. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I have had 2 kids before and never lost it. Hope I don't this time either.
  • Options
    I never lost it with DD and I haven't lost it yet. I'm not too worried about it, if it happens, it happens.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I never lost mine the first time either, and I carried all the way up to his due date. I have NO idea what to expect this time around. I forgot mucous plugs regenerate until I just read this.

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"