Potty Training
Options

Napt/Bedtime what do they wear?

Hi, I am very new to potty training and I am planning on starting this week. I am going to keep my son in underwear during the day, but what do you suggest for naps and bedtime? He still wakes up with a very full diaper in the morning even with using the potty before bed. I don't want to confuse him by adding pull ups but also concerned about him waking up often because he has wet pajamas, etc. Hate to see him be frustrated and exhausted.

Thoughts?

Re: Napt/Bedtime what do they wear?

• Options
    I tried to put DS in his underwear for nap to see what would happen, every day for a week he wet the bed really bad. I ended up just doing a pull up because I was sick of doing so much laundry and after a few weeks he was dry in his pull up after naptime. We are only a month into potty training, but from what I understand the nap/bed time is a phase that is down the road- getting them to go while awake is where the start is.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    VespahVespah member
    DD has been day trained since the end of April and we still have her in a diaper for naps and bedtime. She more often than not wakes up from naps dry and night time is dry half the time. She used to be wet all the time in the morning, and over the past month there has been a significant improvement in how often she is dry, so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

She has no trouble with understanding that she wears diapers only when she is sleeping, they come off as soon as she wakes up. She is a very deep sleeper so there is no way at all she will wake to go pee. (We have accidentally tested this a few times by forgetting to put on a diaper for naps, sure enough those few times we forget she pees)

Unless you want to wake your LO up consistently in the middle of the night, just leave them in diaper or pullup until their body is developmentally ready to hold it all night, or they are good enough to wake to pee.
    Derek - February 2013        Caelyn April 2011
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you! I agree with your suggestions. Now I just have to begin!!
  • Options
    My DD has been trained for 2+ months and is still in a diaper at night. We just started doing underwear at naps in the last 2 weeks...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We use pull-ups for my 2 1/2 year old twins during nap/night time. They wake up dry most of the time, and DD also wakes in the middle of the night on occasion to use the potty. The pull-ups during sleep haven't seemed to create any problems.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"