May 2013 Moms
Options

diaper size question

I've seen a few people mention going up a diaper size at night - LO seems to do okay with Pampers Baby Dy at night - the Swaddlers don't make it all night, and the Huggies 12- hour diapers don't either.  If he wakes for a nighttime feeding, we change him then (or else he'll leak a bit) but otherwise, we're usually good to go. Last night, he didn't eat overnight, but did have oatmeal before bed - and for the first time, pooped overnight - and leaked. He's 19 pounds and in size three diapers - would it make sense to try size 4 for nighttime? FWIW, he often leaks when he poops in general - he only goes every couple of days, typically, but it's a LOT when he goes. He very rarely leaks with a wet diaper.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: diaper size question

• Options
    MrsM1111MrsM1111 member
    edited September 2013
    Abbie used to leak poop too until we switched to huggies. She is currently in a size 3 (17ish lbs) and the little movers do not leak. Like at all. She goes all night in one (12 hours). The other day I went to change her full, very heavy diaper and she pooped (would have meant an explosion in any other diaper full or not) and the diaper held up even as full as it was!

I think going up a size would be a good idea for his size, but have you considered other brand types (ie. huggies little movers)?

Edit - felt a but like a huggies promoter here, but in all seriousness, we are huggies people. No leaks and snug fit.
  • Options
    Hm... we did try one kind of huggies, but i'm not positive what kind they were - I don't think they were little movers. Maybe we'll try those next. Do you use them during the day, too, or just at night?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Day and night. Only complaint (coming from husband) is that they don't have the color changing line.
  • Options
    I noticed that about Huggies...  but it's getting easier to just KNOW :) haha
  • Options
    Yeah he feels weird squeezing her diaper and was super upset when she grew out of the little snugglers which have them.. I liked their pure and natural that have them too but thy are a teensy bit more expensive and don't grab the moisture as quickly as the others...
  • Options
    Oh.. interesting. I guess they figure by now, you can just tell. hahaha We've been kind of brand loyal to Pampers, but for no particular reason,really, other than that they worked in teh beginning. We wanted to try the Costco brand and I know they are like Huggies, so we're trying to give the Huggies a whirl. 
  • Options
    At 19lbs, he's close to needing the next size anyway - my DS 19lbs and is in 4s - so I'd but a box and try.
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"