August 2012 Moms
Options

HELP. Bad diaper rash.

My poor girl developed a bad diaper rash at daycare on Friday. She's never had one that lasted more than a day before but it's still raging. We've been sparkling her butt with Desitin and having a little naked time after each diaper change. Might be getting a little better?

What else is working for you these days? They no longer apply diaper cream at her DC unless you have a doctor's note (which I don't) and I hate to think of her being uncomfortable all day Monday. We need major improvement tomorrow!
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: HELP. Bad diaper rash.

• Options
    Rule out yeast, but if red and raw we used wet washcloths instead of wipes, dry by dry washcloth, airtime or fan. Then layer neosporin on super raw spots, and a THICK layer of Aquaphor. B got the worst rash of her life on her birthday and this is what we did for quick recovery. Good luck.

• Options
    I don't think it is pimply. Don't know if it's yeast though. We can't get into the doctor tomorrow anyway so we'll keep trying this other stuff!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just learnt this Friday from the pedi, but if a burnt/ raw red rash, NOT yeast, use malox or gaviscon on cotton balls/ but it on cotton balls an throw in diaper. It's a stomach ant acid which takes away acid on bum. So used as takes away red rawness. I used it for dd as she was having such a bad diaper rash. I agree, use only water, not wipes, we use a spray bottle and wash clothes. Good luck
    lolololo
  • Options
    Also a tiny bit of outdoor naked time of it isn't too cold yet. Fresh air and a few minutes of sun help. I've never heard of the antacid trick. I may need to try that next time. Is it CD friendly?
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    DD got one when we transitioned from formula to WCM.

Applied A&D EVERY diaper change.

No wipes- used wet wash cloth

Let her soak in the tub- dry off and apply polysporin or neosporin before bed time.

Good luck! Hope it gets better!
  • Options
    DD gets occasional yeast infections. We use a mix of Desitin + Maalox + Lotrimin. This "recipe" was given to us by our pediatrician as a substitute for an expensive, prescription cream. It clears up all manner of rashes fast! Sitting her in a baking soda bath is great, too.
  • Options
    We have been battling one with DD for about 3 weeks now. Put Vaseline on the diaper that will hep to stop the meds or butt paste from getting absorbed off the bum onto the diaper. We also had to get an anti-bacterial cream to help with DD's and use it with Balmex, which does wonders compared to the others. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Bourdeaux's butt paste always works well with us! It usually gets rid of the rash fast!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"