Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Daytime Napping

My daughter will be 6 weeks and I had alot of difficulty BFing b/c she was tongue tied. I had her snipped at 3 weeks and BFing has improved. The problem is that every time I feed her and put her down for a nap she either wakes up right away or will wake up after 10-15mins.
Are such short naps normal??
Im wondering if shes not getting enough milk and wakes up b/c shes hungry. When Im feeding her she falls asleep and sometimes she will not wake up to feed on the other breast. So I put her down thinking shes knocked out but not really!! 
She also will stop the feeding on her own. She also sometimes does and alot of twisting and turning of her body and mouth which hurts but interrupts her feeding. Last week I went for a follow up apt with the Lactation Consultant but she was wide awake and fed so great! I was surprised and happy but she hasnt done that again... At the LC's apt she weighed her before and after the feeding and she drank 3 ounces from one breast! So I do have some milk production.
I dont know what the problem is. Any help is appreciated!

Re: Daytime Napping

• That was happening to us too for a while. LO would fall asleep and as soon as I put him in his bassinet he would wake up. Now we put him in a swaddle me wrap before his nap feeding and he will stay asleep when I put him down. Don't know if you are swaddling for naps but if not try that
  • Long walks after eating before naps has helped totally ( for both of us!) the other day I fed her at 7 we took a walk from about 8-10 and while she was due to eat again at 11 she slept until 12:30!!
    Mom to Maggie Mae (8/9/13)
  • Loading the player...
  • Make sure she is in a deep sleep before putting her down. It usually takes my LO 20 min to be in a deep sleep. Then I can transfer her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"