August 2012 Moms
Options

Good luck

JerseyBride11JerseyBride11 member
edited September 2013 in August 2012 Moms
Best of luck to all you fellow aug 12 moms. Take care

Re: Good luck

• Options
    My daughter is very small for 13 months. I guess I'm not sure why someone saying your child is small is deemed as "rude". People are constantly commenting on my daughter being small; it doesn't phase me at all. She is my lil baby girl! Key word lil. 
  • Options
    The way she screamed to call her friend over made it sound like a freak show. Had she said "look how cute she is" would be totallydifferent
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Some people just have no tact.

I once had a woman ask if she could take a photo of Howell because he was so big. Her son was the same age and much smaller. Her DH would never believe her without a pic. I said no. He's a baby, not a circus act. I was quite irritated. Mothers should understand that every mom worries about their LO's sizes.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    She probably didn't mean to be rude. And she probably called her friend over because she thought she was cute.
  • Options

Some people just have no tact.

I once had a woman ask if she could take a photo of Howell because he was so big. Her son was the same age and much smaller. Her DH would never believe her without a pic. I said no. He's a baby, not a circus act. I was quite irritated. Mothers should understand that every mom worries about their LO's sizes.

Yeah, what is up with strangers asking to take pictures of babies? "Aww, he's so cute. I need to get a picture", as they whip out their phone. Umm, no.

• Options
    W is not even on the charts for height, so we get a lot of comments too. We went to H's company picnic today, and a lady with an almost 14 month old asked me if the Dr was concerned about his size, because he was considerably smaller, but chunkier, than her tall and lean baby... Uh no. Babies come in all different shapes and sizes, just like we do. Freaking idiot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

people are just obsessed with saying how big and small babies are. i think if they legit thought your LO had an issue or something, they wouldn't have called their friend over to look. i'm hoping they just thought your lo was a cutie!

This is true. It reminds me of when ds had to wear a heart monitor, and people made comments about him having his own pager. When I would respond that it was a heart monitor, it was obvious that they immediately regretted their comments.

• Options
    Mina usually gets comments about her size. It doesn't bother me because in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I wish you luck as well.
  • Options
    Woah. 
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Really??

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am totally lost.

• Options

So ominous. Godspeed, fellow bumperoni.

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    She never answered my question as to why she goes to her daughter's daycare everyday at lunch time. Oh well. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just had to explain to DH what GBCB meant. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    He's all up on the dramz now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    She needs to...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The daycare post wasn't completely overreacting. 

1. She was making her daily visit at lunchtime and noticed her daughter's bottle in the microwave.
    2. It's against the daycare's policy to nuke any milk (as it should be) and she was quite upset about it.
    3. She went and talked to the director. And the director cleared everything up with the teachers.
    4. Something about crying in the car about it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Jode has most of it, but the whole crying thing and never knowing if she could ever trust them again seemed a bit off to me.
    That and how she offhandedly mentions going to her LO's daycare to visit everyday at lunch. Being a former infant and toddler room teacher, I would be so annoyed.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm on team "no nuking" here...and I probably would have cried too. I have working mom guilt real bad!
    I get it. I would be the same way. But I would also know that I was overreacting. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm on team "no nuking" here...and I probably would have cried too. I have working mom guilt real bad!
    I get it. I would be the same way. But I would also know that I was overreacting. 
    Oh yeah! Self awareness is key for sure.
    Exactly. And that's what was a little odd...she really didn't think she was overreacting, even when a few bumpies very nicely and respectfully suggested that she might be. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    This is what I miss for pretending to sleep all night? I think you ladies were fair. I even commiserated about my giant circus freak kid. Oh well, it's her loss...

Edited because that's what I get for picking on the other posters for typos.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    Whoa. That's.....ok. Well, good luck to her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Confession...I had no friggen idea what day today was. I saw this post and was super confused as to why everyone was commenting on a post from last September. I don't know what day I thought it was, but it most certainly was not September 22nd
    image image
  • Options
    Team Oblivious here.

But, I nuke G's bottles in the microwave and always have because I'm the shittiest mom ever.

;)
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Options
    Man you spend your weekend studying and miss all the fun stuff.

I saw the daycare post but missed what this one was originally about before she changed it to a dramatic exit.

Anyone care to recap what she was so up in arms about this time?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Wow that seems a bit excessive. DS is tiny and we get comments all the time. Especially when I set him down and he takes off running. I think it is comical most of the time since people think he is closer to 8 months than almost 13 months.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"