August 2013 Moms

Wow DH. Fail.

2»

Re: Wow DH. Fail.

• Anyway, where's OP in all of this. I'm truly curious how this is all her husbands fault? Way to post and run OP.

Can't you just listen to her complain and tell her that she's right about everything? Gosh. It's like you think she needs to contribute or something.
    Right? I mean, OP at least post some hash tags to let us know you're there.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Andd @Primrosemama - Not sure if this was directed at me, but I never said the outdoors was a "deathtrap" for a newborn.  If you consider camping to be pitching a tent in your backyard, then fine, go right ahead.  The type of camping that I have done is not something I would take a newborn along.  I know enough about camping to know it would be irresponsible.  
    After 1.5 years TTC, IUI #2= BFP 12/2/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"And the dream that you dare to dream really do come true"

• Loading the player...
  • All the people freaking out about leaving a baby in front of an open window are reminding me how glad I am I no longer live in Italy - the place where people think a draft of air can kill you. I'm not kidding, by the way. My MIL used to freak out about "la corrente" (the air current). 

I get the bug (pain in the ass when they get in the house) and security (duh) thing, but honestly, there is nothing wrong with having a baby near an open window as long as he/she is dressed appropriately for the resulting temperature. 

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• I'm in the "I don't see the big deal" camp. I love having Windows open, no matter the season, the house feels stuffy to me without some air flowing around. I realize that's not "normal" and that most people don't always have a window or two open, but I can't imagine DH getting pissed at me over it. He could just walk by and close it if it bothers him, and if he didn't notice, then it couldn't have been that bad of a draft, etc so no harm no foul...

Just my opinion!
    DD #1 4 years old (09/22/09)
    DD #2 2 years old (08/17/11)
    DD #3 born 08/29/13

• Millie1984Millie1984 member
    edited September 2013
    @bananacupcake - what is your definition of camping?
    camping noun 1. the activity spending a vacation living in a camp, tent, or camper. "visitors can go camping in the vast wilderness surrounding the mountains" #wesleptunderthestars #noelectricityortoilet Sorry ladies, but I gotta take my kids to the zoo today. Yalls play nice ok? ;-)
    Well, personally I don't want to be in the vast wilderness with a newborn.  I don't think it is smart.  I want access to electricity, a phone, and general civilization in case there is an issue.  Once the child is older and a little sturdier, I think camping is a wonderful experience for kids.  IMHO.

ETA- When I think of camping, I think of setting up in a remote spot.  A place you have to hike out to, and in my experience don't have cell service.  I wouldn't feel comfortable knowing that if I needed to access his doctor, or something else he would need back home that we would have to waste hime hiking back out.  Thats all I'm saying.  

• @mommyames2 Go fuck yourself!

#lol

• @mommyames2 Go fuck yourself!

#lol

• Ok this got so weird I stopped following my own thread.

We have large blackout curtains in front of the windows. So no, you can't tell if they are open off the bat. We live in house built in the 1920's, its hella drafty anyway. The rooms never stay warm or cool. So it's not weird for the rooms to be cold. I can't wait to move out of this stupid rental. Anyway.

I was pissed bc it was dropping to 40/50 degrees at night. Rainy. His room was so cold we slept in the living room. So the next night I was trying to warm the room up, not knowing the window was open. So ya, I was pissed I had been wasting heat and air to warm up a room with an open window. And If he didn't say anything the kid would've been sleeping when its 50 degrees and raining outside. Ya, he wears a footed onesie, but no blanket.

I was just annoyed at DH. My kid's been out of the house since day 1. In the sunny warm weather. Didn't think this thread would go ape shit.

#whocares
    #letsmoveon
    #idon'twantmybabytogetpneumonia

• edited September 2013
    LEMSA said:

Ok this got so weird I stopped following my own thread.

We have large blackout curtains in front of the windows. So no, you can't tell if they are open off the bat. We live in house built in the 1920's, its hella drafty anyway. The rooms never stay warm or cool. So it's not weird for the rooms to be cold. I can't wait to move out of this stupid rental. Anyway.

I was pissed bc it was dropping to 40/50 degrees at night. Rainy. His room was so cold we slept in the living room. So the next night I was trying to warm the room up, not knowing the window was open. So ya, I was pissed I had been wasting heat and air to warm up a room with an open window. And If he didn't say anything the kid would've been sleeping when its 50 degrees and raining outside. Ya, he wears a footed onesie, but no blanket.

I was just annoyed at DH. My kid's been out of the house since day 1. In the sunny warm weather. Didn't think this thread would go ape shit.

#whocares
    #letsmoveon

I mean, you cared enough to post. I guess my only question is: couldn't
    you have checked the window?

Meh, whatever.
        DS born 8-16-2013
  • Soleil3Soleil3 member
    edited September 2013
    LEMSA said:
    Ok this got so weird I stopped following my own thread.

#whocares
    #letsmoveon

Again, do you never open the curtain?? 
    And why on earth wouldn't you think to check the window if only his room was freezing?

You are just as at fault as your husband.
    image image

• Pneumonia? That's a bit dramatic isn't it?
    imageimageimageimage

• #youcantputapostrophesinahashtag 

:))

• Whoa.

I love a good bump tiff but the subject matter of this one is way too boring to add anything to.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Also, pneumonia? Really? Melodramatic much? 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• @PrimRoseMama I've missed you. :x

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• @PrimRoseMama I've missed you. :x

:-bd my computer is playing nice today! :)

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I'm just wondering... The room was so cold that you wouldn't sleep in it... But you had your LO sleeping in it?
    Aug.13 May Siggy Challenge: Moms
  • Survey says" When one is cold, common sense says check the windows before turning on/up the heat.  If security was a concern, then one generally would check all the doors/windows on a daily basis.  On a side note, a draft, fresh air, or even going outside in the cold with wet hair does not get someone sick, germs do.

I'm just sayin...
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Millie you do realize you are no less likely to hang an emergency situation than your infant? Or than a toddler etc. Yet you still sometimes go where there isnt cell service etc. Pnemonia is not something you can catch it comes as a result of another illness which you also cannot get from being cold. You have to be exposed to someone elses germa.
    Whatever, i kind of don't care about this anymore. FTR though, I never brought up pnemonia.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"