Pregnant after 35

Check in

Time for a check in! Please answer the following:

1. Name, EDD and where you're from.
2. How far along are you and how are you doing? Anything new to report?
3. GTKY question: Do you have any pets and if so how are you/will you be preparing them for baby?
Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.

Re: Check in

• 1. Guennie, due Nov 25, live in Lakeland, FL.
    2. I will be 31 weeks on Monday. I am starting to be uncomfortable pretty much all the time. Sciatica, back pain, breast pain, hemmeroids, fatigue, leg cramps...yep, all present. I have also started snizzing on occasion. Lovely. Sleep is pretty much hit and miss these days. I can't get comfortable to save my life. And it's hard to breathe when she stretches out and pushes on my diaphragm. But our little girl is healthy and active so that's all that matters! She's like a little Ninja in there. I love watching my belly change shape and seeing her kicks, jabs, punches and squirms! This is truly the most amazing experience of my life. I can't believe we've come this far.
    3. We have one dog, a vizsla, who is so spoiled but really sweet. I've been baby training for about a month now. I bought a cheap baby doll and I put baby lotion on it so she could get used to the smell. I will get the doll out and sit with her. I have put it in the baby swing a couple times, she didn't like it. I wish I could describe the look she gave me before she left the room. I recently discovered the doll talks when you squeeze her hand...she didn't like that either. I'm looking for something I can download with baby sounds, haven't really found anything yet. My biggest worry is that she's going to bark and wake up the baby a lot. She barks at stuff outside and barks when my husband is playing with her. I'm trying to get him to work with her on this. I don't think he quite gets it yet how important her sleep is going to be.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • I almost forgot, we have a name! So excited to finally agree on that! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Name, EDD and where you're from.
    3/27/14, Northern Illinois
    2. How far along are you and how are you doing? Anything new to report? I am 13w 2d. I'm happy that the exhaustion has let up this week. I wasn't feeling so good last Monday but it seemed like it was a one day thing. I've been pretty achy as things grow and shift. We get our Panorama results and find out the sex next week. I'm curious if the ultrasound was correct last week.
    3. GTKY question: Do you have any pets and if so how are you/will you be preparing them for baby? We have a dog. I did a lot of prep work before DS so I think we are good to go.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Name, EDD and where you're from.  Desneige-EDD 12-23-13, Chicago suburbia
    2. How far along are you and how are you doing? Anything new to report? will be 27 weeks Monday
    3. GTKY question: Do you have any pets and if so how are you/will you be preparing them for baby?   I have a Beagle.  She has been snuggling up constantly next to me whenever I am home.  We have brought some baby things, like swing, into the house so she can get used to the noise.  Haven't really thought beyond these things with our dog yet.
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • 1. EDD - 11/12/13, but C-section scheduled for 10/24 ... If they stay put. I am pregnant with boy / girl twins.
    2. I will be 33 weeks on Tuesday. I have been on hospital bed rest since 24 weeks (July) and I get to finally go home on Tuesday!
    3. I have three small dogs at home. I haven't been home to prepare them. We have set up their stuff and my husband said out dogs have sniffed them but don't care. Once the kids arrive, we will bring home their blankets so they can get used to their smells.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. Christie, 2/26/14,  Pittsburgh
    2. 17.5 weeks.  Recently diagnosed with GD so adjusting to the low carb, high protein diet is challenging, A/S is next Friday and although we know the sex already I cannot wait to see him!  
    3. We have a bunch of kitties who are used to my very active toddler running around.  The best trick I learned with my first was to put aluminum foil in the baby bouncer, crib, etc to keep the cats from jumping in them.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1) EDD 2/15/14, Atlanta, GA area

2) 19 weeks today. Found out this week it's a healthy boy and other ecstatic news that the placenta is now mid-posterior (it was marginal previa) and a Subchorionic hemorrhage that developed at 9ish weeks has completely gone. Baby's kicks are definitely getting stronger. DH hasn't been able to feel anything, yet.

3) We have 2 boxers and a housecat, but with 4 kiddos already running like a circus, I don't think there will be any issues. All 3 had no issues with my last pregnancy. The female boxer has been super clingy to me since we found out I was pregnant, also normal for her. I am more concerned about how my 5 yr old daughter will adjust to the new baby and getting even less attention.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

• 1. Leanna, EDD 5/19/14, Miami, FL 
    2. 5wks 5 days. Went for my first OB appt yesterday and the u/s saw a yolk sac but no baby yet, I go back in 2 weeks. It was too early. OB confirmed they will put me on 17P shots at 16 weeks and I will be monitored closely for cervical changes and pre-term labor. 
    3. I have 2 cats, Nero and Fellini, they're used to having kids and babies around so I won't be doing anything for them. 
    image image

• Stephanie 4.12.14 live outside of Baltimore MD
    I am 11 wks today. Had my 2nd prenatal visit earlier this week. They took blood for the maternit21 test among other things. Pretty nervous until results get back. 
    We have a yellow lab who is little overa old.   We Haven't done anything particular for training him for baby just yet. But was around niece and nephew's this summer a few times was pretty good. Most worried about stuff on floor that he thinks his own. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. Name, EDD and where you're from. Jbelle, March 2014, in PA.
    2. How far along are you and how are you doing? Anything new to report? 15 weeks today. Feeling good.
    3. GTKY question: Do you have any pets and if so how are you/will you be preparing them for baby? No pets. Not even a fish!

@10-4LilBuddy: congrats on going home! Wow, about a month (or less, FX not too much less!) until they're here!

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

iamkerryanne, January 12, 2014, St. Louis suburbs.

24 weeks today!  Almost in the third trimester, super excited because time seems to be crawling by.  I'm OK....headaches all of the time, tired but have insomnia...I can't get comfortable or fall asleep.  I went to the dentist on Thursday and threw up twice when they were polishing my teeth...embarrassing.

3. GTKY question: Do you have any pets and if so how are you/will you be preparing them for baby?
    We have a 6 year old Boxer, Mollie.  She loves kids and babies so we are not super worried about her.  DH will bring home LO's baby blanket once she is here to get her used to her smell.  Mollie has been attached to me which is pretty normal..!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • 1. Nicole, 3/22/14, San Francisco
    2. I'm just over 14weeks & I am feeling much better than how I was just a week ago!  Tomorrow I will be doing the 2nd blood test to go along with the 1st one/NT scan I had a few weeks ago. Nervous.
    3. No, I have no pets... however, I would love a cat but first things first!  :)
  • 1.  Jenn, 5/1/14, Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    2.  I'm early at 8 weeks, but have already seen our little bean two times and LO is growing like crazy!  I've been lucky symptom wise so far, but am expecting symptoms to ramp up soon.  We have our first OB appt. on 10/3.  I will be FTM.
    3.  We have three aging fur babies:  a 13 y/o dog, and two cats, an 18 y/o and 13 y/o.  
    Me, 41; DH 38; TTC since July 2012, 1st round of Clomid, BFP on 10/19, what an incredible blessing!  M/c on 7w3d; D&C on 11/30; 4th round of Clomid 100mg = BFP on 04/19!!! M/c #2 at 7w; D&C on 5/30, then repeat D&C on 7/1.  Saline u/s on 8/2, uterus looks great!  Will start TTC in 09/13 w/ Clomid 100mg. Surprise natural BFP on 8/25!!! Beta #1=95, #2=182, #3=404!  EDD 5/4/13...Grow baby grow!

• 1. EDD: 5/29/14 From: Minneapolis
    2. How far along: 4 weeks.  Still pretty cautious and hopeful.
    How are you doing: It's early.  So far no real symptoms other than the occasional bad taste in my mouth.
    3. GTKY question: Do you have any pets and if so how are you/will you be preparing them for baby?: We have one silver labrador.  I'm not sure how we are going to prepare her for the baby yet.  Hopefully having a toddler around will make it easier on her.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 1. Kris, 5/30/14, Connecticut
    2. I am finishing my 4th week moving into my 5th. Elated yet nervous! Surprised to have a few symptoms already which my MD told me was normal and expected- very, very sore breasts and feeling very tired.
    3. No pets
  • 1. Dana, 5/9/14, Minnesota
    2. I'm 7 weeks 2 days. I'm mostly tired and a little queasy and my breasts are incredibly sore. Otherwise, feeling okay but anxious and counting the days until I am at least out of the 1st trimester. I had spotting from about 5-6 weeks, that seems to have tapered off, thank goodness. Have had two good ultrasounds so far, next one is 10/2. 
    3. No pets. I had two wonderful cats but my husband was allergic, so they are now living very happily with my parents just 20 minutes away. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 3. We have a bunch of kitties who are used to my very active toddler running around.  The best trick I learned with my first was to put aluminum foil in the baby bouncer, crib, etc to keep the cats from jumping in them.  
    Awesome, I did not know that. Will use for sure!

Iesha, 12/18/13, Dallas

28 weeks and glad to be on the home stretch. My only issue is going to the bathroom umpteen times a night. I tried to quit drinking water after 6PM, but am thirsty!  However, in the whole grand scheme - I don't mind. Glucose test results back this week, but I am thinking I did okay.

We have 2 cats. Need to get their shots up to date is my next to do item.  We have a device called the Scaaat. It basically has a motion detector on the outside and sprays air when activated. We are going to put that outside the nursery to hopefully stop them from entering.  We haven't set up the nursery yet, but will set up the scat once it is done in hopes of stopping them now. If not, I will be trying the foil method mentioned.  
    Me:37 DH:40 Married 7/2009 TTC since 5/2012 
    BFP 4/2013, Our Christmas Miracle Due 12/18/2013
  • Kelley  4/05/14, Atlanta

12 wks!  Have NT today so excited to see baby bean!  Nervous of course about the result but so thrilled to be moving along in the pg!

We have two dogs and I do not anticipate any issues, I have always had pets and just let them sniff the baby upon arrival from the hospital.  It's never been a big deal to me

Lynn, 4/3/14, Los Angeles

12w4d today and doing great for the most part. Have just started getting headaches periodically, though, and they can get pretty severe -- like a migraine. No headache today, though! Maybe that phase is done (I hope).

We have 2 cats and a dog. They have been exposed to babies before and were great so I am not worried about their behavior. Someone should probably worry about my husband and I, though, because we are crazy, clearly, and already worried about our dog's feelings. She has her own room with a human bed that she sleeps in (supposed to be the guest room) and now that will become the nursery. I'm sure she will adjust we just love our little doggieface so much!

imageimagePregnancy Ticker
    Lynn, 4/3/14, Los Angeles

12w4d today and doing great for the most part. Have just started getting headaches periodically, though, and they can get pretty severe -- like a migraine. No headache today, though! Maybe that phase is done (I hope).

We have 2 cats and a dog. They have been exposed to babies before and were great so I am not worried about their behavior. Someone should probably worry about my husband and I, though, because we are crazy, clearly, and already worried about our dog's feelings. She has her own room with a human bed that she sleeps in (supposed to be the guest room) and now that will become the nursery. I'm sure she will adjust we just love our little doggieface so much!

LOL don't feel bad, my DH has always insisted the dog sleep in the bed with us and I really don't know how this is going to work out with the baby in the room with us for the first several weeks!

• @Guennie just saw your note about the barking -- that is something I didn't think about yet but could be a problem for us, too. Our dog has a REALLY deep bark (no one will ever break into this house) and she likes to patrol the house in the night and alert us to anything that worries her. Would love to know if you find a solution!
    imageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • GuennieGuennie member
    edited September 2013

@Guennie just saw your note about the barking -- that is something I didn't think about yet but could be a problem for us, too. Our dog has a REALLY deep bark (no one will ever break into this house) and she likes to patrol the house in the night and alert us to anything that worries her. Would love to know if you find a solution!

I will certainly share if I have any breakthroughs! Ours has a high hunting dog bark and it really pierces the ears. I know she's going to wake up baby. I just hope I can get my DH to work with her on this. Like I said, I don't think he yet realizes what a big deal it's going to be!

Edited due to stupid mobile bumping errors.

• 1. Danielle, March 9th, and form Canada now in Arkansas
    2. 16 weeks and moody as hell nothing new.

3. We have dogs, birds and cats. Nothing really to do this time as Alexis has already baby proofed them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• rubysirubysi member
    edited September 2013
    1. Ruby April 21st, Oregon
    2. 10 weeks and still in shock this even happened. I have been married to my husband 15 years in October and together 20. We figured with my pcos it wasn't meant to be but here we are. This is my first pregnancy and currently my symptoms seem to be lessening. 
    3. We have 2 dogs and 2 cats and I have no idea how they will react. The cats prefer to stay outside probably because of the dogs.

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***
  • Guennie said:

@Guennie just saw your note about the barking -- that is something I didn't think about yet but could be a problem for us, too. Our dog has a REALLY deep bark (no one will ever break into this house) and she likes to patrol the house in the night and alert us to anything that worries her. Would love to know if you find a solution!

I will certainly share if I have any breakthroughs! Ours has a high hunting dog bark and it really pierces the ears. I know she's going to wake up baby. I just hope I can get my DH to work with her on this. Like I said, I don't think he yet realizes what a big deal it's going to be!

Edited due to stupid mobile bumping errors.

I have a barker in my house too. You'd be surprised what babies sleep through. DS slept through our do barking right next to the pack n play. We thought DS was deaf. Our pedi said that he was just use to it since he heard it when I was pregnant. So don't worry too much about the barking.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Name, EDD and where you're from.  Karen , 11/21/13 I'm a Jersey Girl ")

31 weeks will be 32 on Thursday.  My hip pain is annoying.  It is only on the one side and hurts like hell.  The baby is moving around like s/he is auditioning for Riverdance so that keeps things entertaining.  Oh and sleeping stinks.  The whole side of my body that I fall asleep on also falls asleep right along with me so I constantly have to change positions and how can I forget the fun of the 4am pee. 

Sadly it was a rough summer in our house.   In late June we had to put down our 15 year old dog and about a month later my 9 year old cat became extremely sick and we had to put him down.  We decided we would get a puppy this coming summer because my daughter really misses having a pet around the house and so do we. 

When I had my daughter we were fortunate in that my 2 old dogs were used to having small kids around all the time due to my nieces and nephew always over my house so that was never a concern.  I still had my husband bring home one of her newborn baby hats for them to smell and get used to.  Again, they were old so they really didn't care one way or the other. They were just about deaf so they slept through a lot of the commotion. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Due date 28/2/14, melbourne Australia

I'm 17 weeks 18 tomoz. Morning sickness gone (yay) but still extremely tired!
    Had an early GTT done last week as I had GD last time. I passed!!!continuing to eat ice cream for now!
    Annoyed tho that I will have to have another GTT at 28 wks :(.

Pets
    We have a cat. My mum is completely freaked our that it will fall asleep on the baby and smother it. I think we will be ok. We will just keep her out of the babies room. We have installed a cat door in the laundry so will make that her sleeping area.
  • Kate- Atlanta area but I'm from upstate NY. EDD 2/15/14

I'm 19 weeks and still waiting for Panorama results but I'm feeling good and hoping to keep up my energy enough for the holidays.

We have a 7 year old dog, a vizsla. He had a hard time getting used to sharing us with our son who is two so I'm hoping that he does a little better with this baby!

My Blog (that is not really about eating in the shower)
  • Guennie said:
    3. We have one dog, a vizsla, who is so spoiled but really sweet. I've been baby training for about a month now. I bought a cheap baby doll and I put baby lotion on it so she could get used to the smell. I will get the doll out and sit with her. I have put it in the baby swing a couple times, she didn't like it. I wish I could describe the look she gave me before she left the room. I recently discovered the doll talks when you squeeze her hand...she didn't like that either. I'm looking for something I can download with baby sounds, haven't really found anything yet. My biggest worry is that she's going to bark and wake up the baby a lot. She barks at stuff outside and barks when my husband is playing with her. I'm trying to get him to work with her on this. I don't think he quite gets it yet how important her sleep is going to be.
    We have a vizsla too! He is 7 but still acts like a puppy at times. When we brought my son home he started doing this head shake that kind of turned into a full body shake that actually makes a really loud noise. He would end up outside the baby's room in the hall making this shake that would wake him. I swear I never heard him do it once before we brought the baby home. 
    Barking is only a problem if someone comes to the door or rings the bell. Can't break him of that. Good for you for prepping him!

My Blog (that is not really about eating in the shower)
  • KatieKT said:

Guennie said:

We have a vizsla too! He is 7 but still acts like a puppy at times. When we brought my son home he started doing this head shake that kind of turned into a full body shake that actually makes a really loud noise. He would end up outside the baby's room in the hall making this shake that would wake him. I swear I never heard him do it once before we brought the baby home. 
    Barking is only a problem if someone comes to the door or rings the bell. Can't break him of that. Good for you for prepping him!

Our Viszla is only 2 1/2 so she still has a lot of puppy attitude! She does the head shake frequently when she gets up from laying down. It's definitely loud. I never even thought of that waking up the baby. Hmmm.

• Super late to this check-in and I know I have been MIA for months, but I figured better late than never...Thanks Guen for taking this over1

1. Name, EDD and where you're from.
    Lauren, 11/13/13, NJ
    I am 34 weeks and 1 day.  I have been lucky enough to have a very uneventful pregnancy, and only recently have I been feeling uncomfortable.  I can't find a comfortable position at night after I get up for my 3-4 bathroom trips, so sleep doesn't come easily, but I'll live.  I took a prenatal aqua aerobics class last night and I slept better than I have in months. It was low impact but it was amazing. It's also the first real exercise I have done this pregnancy.  I was ravenous when it was over.

We have 3 cats (we had to put our 4th cat to sleep at the end of august).  I haven't been preparing them and it's been annoying me that they don't sense anything about my bump.  Once we have the nursery set up we'll let them explore, they have been sniffing around at the items that we have accumulated in the last few months.  I plan to have ken bring home a couple of the baby blankets while I'm in the hospital and let them sniff, and when we get home with the baby I will make a fuss over them when we are introducing the baby.  I'll probably do some more reading on this for other recommendations.  They have been my children for 12 years, so I don't want to do anything to disrupt them.  I predict that one of them will hide behind the furnace for a few days, the other two will give the baby a few sniffs and then ignore it.  :)
    TTC since 3/2010. Me 41, DH-49. After 3 years, 6 IUIs and several IVFs we have finally have our beautiful baby girl, born on 11/7/13.

• 1. Name, EDD and where you're from.  Lacey, 12/5, St Paul MN
    2. How far along are you and how are you doing? Anything new to report? 31 weeks. Exhaustion from 1st tri has returned this week so having a hrda time staying awake even at work. Plus swelling in hands has made mornings difficult. I can barely make a fist or hold anything for a while in the AM. Other than that doing great! Baby is coming along nicely and I am still spinning 2-3 days a week plus yoga.
    3. GTKY question: Do you have any pets and if so how are you/will you be preparing them for baby? Lol... have a 6YO great dane - just bought the book childproofing your dog so starting to work on that. It has some good info. When we move to new master bedroom next month we are going to try and kick her out of our bed since it will be new. We'll see how that goes. She is very sweet and has done really well with my nefew who stayed with us from 5mo to 7mo while they were moving up here. So was a good trial run.
  • Maggie, I am 24 weeks. I am from Easter Europe but live in Boston MA 
    I am due Jan 22, 2014. 
    I am feeling big and have all kinds of aches. I just got over a bad sinus infection and hope I am all set until the end of this pregnancy. I have an ultrasound in Monday and hope baby girl is doing well. 
    I have two cats and I rabbit, and I have a toddler, My cats are scared of her. I think they will be afraid of the baby too. They have their separate space in the house ( basement) where they can hide. I will make sure they get hugs at night. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"