TTC after 35
Options

Wednesday Check In

Ok ladies we have been all over the place on this board with check ins and never really had a consistent check in day.  So I am going to start a Wednesday check in every week so that we can keep up with everyone.  We are a unique board as we have many ladies trying naturally while others are in medicated cycles and even IVF.  We are all here to support and encourage each other but we need to get to know eachtoher better to do that!  If someone wants to start more specific check-ins ( ie ivf, 2ww etc...) go for it, but the Wednesday check in will be for everyone.  So to start...Please check in and answer the questions below

1. Your Name or Screen Name ( not full names)  and State you are from

2.  Where are you in your cycle? ( Waiting to O, 2WW etc)

3. If you are seeking medical treatment from an RE or OBGYN, if so where are you in this process?

4. Are you preparing for a baby? ( nursery, burying clothes ec..?)

5. Are you open with your Family and Friends about TTC?  Why or why not?

QOTW:
What is your favorite thing about Fall?
***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
- poor responder
***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
FET 5/20- BFP
1st Beta- 641
2nd beta- 2166
Sono- TWINS!!!!
Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

Re: Wednesday Check In

• Options
    1. KSGSMU is my screen name but my name is Katy and I am from Texas

2.   I am in the 2ww on a natural cycle

3.  I am technically on a break from my RE and will return in October to try another IUI cycle before moving on to IVF.  I need to wait atleast one more cycle since I had a loss and my cycles are really messed up right now.

4. I have a secret Pinterest board that I started that I only share with my husband.  I don't want to buy anything yet as it might be a constant reminder that I am not pregnant. 

5. We have been open with our families from the beginning because we were getting so much pressure after we got married about kids.  We needed them to back off :)  But as we have struggled and especially with the loss we are now very open with close friends and family.  We need their support and encouragement and I couldn't imagine going through it alone.  At first DH wasn't open about it now I think he shares it more than I do. 

QOTW:

I love everything about Fall... in Texas we are begging for cooler temps right now.  I love pumpkin flavored everything! 

- poor responder
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!

• Options
    Hello my screen name is lovtonee, my name is Eli and I live in CA.
    I had my 3rd IUI on 9/13 so I'm in the TWW period.
    I have a great RE... All tests have come back with positive results. If I don't have a BFP this month. The RE feels that we should start the IVF process.
    We've made room for babies and talked about names but have not been looking at furniture or other items. All the hormones have me on an emotional roller coaster ( I'm not an emotional person so it's hard).
    We've been open with most of our family and friends. My father in law is going through chemo and my mother on law is at her wits end. We've yet to tell them. Kind of hoping to lift their spirits when we have good news. My mother, father and siblings know and have been very supportive. I guess we've really just have been selective on who and what we tell folks. The first month I told many more people in detail what we were going through and the process. Since this was very new to everyone around me but was sad when I had to share that it was a BFN result. Now I let them know more of the basics and will defiantly share when I have a positive outcome.
    I love fall because the weather changes, the leaves start to turn colors, and soup season can begin.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. Hooligans4 is my screen name but everyone else calls me Liz. I live on Long Island in New York.

2. I am CD5 of a 24 day cycle so hopefully Oing this weekend.

3. We are trying naturally.

4. Not preparing for having baby. I had a M/C in march that I had started preparing for only to have a loss. So baby stuff will not come out until everything is good.

5. We were open about it in the beginning but since our loss people feel funny talking about it with me. His mother is happy that we want another but my mother thinks I'm too old.
    We have 2 older children (17 and 9) so I feel blessed to have them and this one will be our last.
    I have this cycle and the next 2 and then we are done. My husband doesn't want to try anymore but I asked for 3 more months. I am not feeling confident that I will get my third.

QOTW:

I love pumpkin and apple picking. And the baking I get to do after all the picking is done. Fall is my favorite time of year.

Thank you @ksgsmu for doing this. I think it will give us all a chance to get to know each other a little better.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Thanks for doing this! I read/post but would love to feel more connected to those of you experiencing similar situations!

1. I'm soontobeshrader here but my real name is Leanna. I live in Northern Virginia.

2.  I am on day 13 of my current cycle and waiting to O. Running through those LH Strips like no one's business!

3. I finally got my first round of clomid from my OB/GYN. I am not being monitored this cycle but seeing the Dr today to see about the next steps and finances if this cycle is a BFN.

4. I'm ready in the sense that we have the space, the car, the desire. But other than that I do not have any physical baby products. 

5. My mom, sister and closest friends know. I told my boss about fertility issues and needing to have some time to go to dr's appts. Otherwise I try to keep it between me and my DH. I'm baby crazy enough with him, I don't need anyone else to have to deal with me!

QOTW:
    I love fall because the temps drop and the leaves change. I'm waiting for that perfect weekend to take a drive out to Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah Mountains to see the trees changing.
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Options
    Thanks for organizing this.   I sometimes lose track of where ppl are in their process, so this will be helpful.      WARNING - BFP mentioned below.

1. Your Name or Screen Name ( not full names)  and State you are from:  QOTR - TX

2.  Where are you in your cycle? ( Waiting to O, 2WW etc):  I actually got a surprise BFP last Friday, but I've been too nervous to announce.    Betas are looking good so far.  I go in for another beta on Monday and then first U/S on 10/01 if we make it that far.  I don't want to move over to PG after 35 until then, so I hope it's ok if I hang out here in my safe zone for a while.

3. If you are seeking medical treatment from an RE or OBGYN, if so where are you in this process?   We had started the donor egg process.   We had selected a donor and had just handed over a large sum of money a few days before the BFP.  If this doesn't work out, we'll resume that process again. 

4. Are you preparing for a baby? ( nursery, burying clothes ec..?)  No.  I don't feel that confident yet. 

5. Are you open with your Family and Friends about TTC?  Why or why not?   I've been inconsistent.  I've told some running buddies in great detail (because you cover a wide range of topics when you're out on long runs), but we haven't told our family that we're even trying, with the exception of my mom.  My mom knows because she happened to be staying with us during my first pregnancy when we learned we had to have a D&C.   I couldn't exactly hide that!  But I'm glad she knows now.  It has been nice to confide in her as we move through the process, but I always feel bad when I have to tell her it didn't work out.

QOTW:
    What is your favorite thing about Fall?  Cooler temps and all things pumpkin
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    Wishing you the best @QOTR!  Praying you have a healthy and happy 9 months.  Stick around as long as you feel you need to!  Praying this is your take home baby!

- poor responder
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!

• Options
    1. Your Name or Screen Name ( not full names)  and State you are from
    Flounder3636 from Las Vegas, NV 

2.  Where are you in your cycle? ( Waiting to O, 2WW etc)
    Day 20 - probably a few days past O

3. If you are seeking medical treatment from an RE or OBGYN, if so where are you in this process?
    Just completed Transvaginal and Transabdominal ultrasound. Going in to see the doc for results. Was supposed to do the HSG prior to the ultrasound but the appt scheduler messed that up. 

4. Are you preparing for a baby? ( nursery, burying clothes ec..?)
    Nooooooooooooooooo Not even close. Doesnt make sense to do all this prep work, front the expense for something that isn't certain yet.  First things first....conception

5. Are you open with your Family and Friends about TTC?  Why or why not?
    A few friends and fam knows we generally want a baby.  Only couple people know  where we are at with the medical visits etc.   I think its totally premature to go into details with something that hasnt happened yet. 

QOTW:
    What is your favorite thing about Fall?  COOOLER WEATHER (coming from vegas) 
  • Options
    Pintobean39Pintobean39 member
    edited September 2013
    ****Guess I should put a warning BFP mentioned****

@Qotr Congrats! hope you have a H&H 9 months!

1. Your Name or Screen Name ( not full names) and State you are from

Pintobean39 I'm from Louisiana

2. Where are you in your cycle? ( Waiting to O, 2WW etc)
    I'm 15dpo just got a BFP Saturday but I haven't gone to the dr yet. I'm kinda scared to since I had a MC in June and i know with my age my chances are higher. I made myself call today and I have an appt next tue for blood work. I just keep thinking as long as I'm not spotting I'm good no need to go to the dr until way later.

4. Are you preparing for a baby? ( nursery, burying clothes ec..?). Heck NO!! I can barely even read my birth month board. I've had two MC one at 14 weeks and one at 10weeks.

5. Are you open with your Family and Friends about TTC? Why or why not?
    Everyone knows now because of my last MC. I just try not to talk about it much. I did tell my BF I was pregnant. I figured if I mc I may need a shoulder to cry on if my husbands working like last time.

QOTW:
    Cooler weather or less humidity. It's so HOT here!!
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  And congrats to you too Pintobean39 !
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    Congrats @pintobean39 I know you will be anxious until you feel secure int his pregnancy.  With a previous loss myself I know I will feel the same way. Hard to celebrate when you are feraful.  But I am praying this is your take home baby!  Check in and let us know how your dr apt went! 

- poor responder
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!

• Options
    QOTR...congratulations! Warm wishes sent your way.
  • Options
    Pintobean39... Congratulations! Sending positive thoughts and good wishes your way.
  • Options

1. SaltyLady from MD

2. waiting for AF to arrive - trying to figure out all these feelings going on in my body and not trying to get faked out again.

3. no none at this time.

4. Kinda - been saving all the baby items from my youngest as well as my growing 4yo.

5. Just a few are aware we are not taking any precautions and hope it happens.

QOTW:
    What is your favorite thing about Fall?  _ Love me some boots with Leggings and jeans in the FALL. 

• Options
    Pinto - same thing in June for me at 5 weeks.  I refuse to buy any tests until I am about three weeks into my missed period.

• Options
    Congratulations QOTR/ Pintobean39!!!

Sunni01, CA

2. Where are you in your cycle? ( Waiting to O, 2WW etc) Gearing up for another cycle. Go for RE check up on 9/30 to make sure levels are back where they should be before we begin.

3. If you are seeking medical treatment from an RE or OBGYN, if so where are you in this process? Preparing for IUI #4

4. Are you preparing for a baby? ( nursery, burying clothes ec..?) Nope.

5. Are you open with your Family and Friends about TTC? Why or why not? No. I'd rather keep it to myself until I am past the first trimester. The only people that know are you wonderful ladies on here. This is a great support system. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

QOTW: What is your favorite thing about Fall? I get to break out my boots and coat ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker

Me-39, HSG 2/13- clear. DS-IUI #1-3/13,300iu Menopur 12 days,3 days Cetrotide, Ovidrel Trigger-BFN. IUI #2 06/13, BFP EDD: 02/22/14 m/c (cp), IUI #3- BFP EDD: 5/17/14 m/c 09/13. Blood work/RPL panel- nk cell/MTHFR mutation- negative. Blood work all good. Unexplained reason for m/c. IUI #4 BFP m/c (cp) 10/13. IUI #5- 12/13 Cancelled. No response. (1)follicle. IUI #5.1- 2/14. IVF Bound

********************SAIF/ PAIF/ ALL ARE WELCOME***********************
  • Options

@Pintobean39...congrats to you!!

1. BeckyP from Pittsburgh

2. Waiting for AF!! She can't come soon enough!

3. Excited to be off this damn waiting list soon! lol. I just got an email saying that the 2 girls in front of me got sent a profile and I'm secretly hoping that one of them does not want a blonde donor so I can have her!!!

4. no

5. A few friends but wished some of them didn't know. My mom knew but when I brought it up again she totally flipped out with me being 45...grrr. MIL doesn't know because she has made comments to family members that I will never have a baby because I'm too old so she will not know until I'm PG. Thank goodness for the boards!!

QOTW: What is your favorite thing about Fall? Being able to have the windows open..hoodies and the changing of the leaves. I am so NOT a anything pumpkin fan!! Apple caramel pie all the way!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    Looks like I spoke to soon. I started spotting last night. It's gotten a little bit heavier and I took a test this morning and it's just a tiny squinter when it was a good line Monday. I guess this isn't my rainbow baby.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    oh Pinto, I'm so sorry!  I hope everything works out ok.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    I'm sorry Pinto.....

• Options
    I am so so sorry Pinto

- poor responder
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!

• Options
    Oh Pinto...I'm sorry. Hoping everything is ok though.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options

Laura - PrivatOne - CT

2. Where are you in your cycle? In the midst of doing IVF Micro Flare Protocol

3. If you are seeking medical treatment from an RE or OBGYN, if so where are you in this process?   RE ... Cycling for 1st IVF, starting stims tonight.

4. Are you preparing for a baby? ( nursery, burying clothes ec..?) Not until I should be, I guess kinda superstitious..

5. Are you open with your Family and Friends about TTC? Why or why not? No. The only folks that know are my husband and my support group I go to once a month. Oh and all you guys. I am a very private person and don't want people constantly asking how it is going. It is hard enough to deal with failure but to then have to explain it to others would be awful. I will share all if and when we are successful.

QOTW: What is your favorite thing about Fall? The crispness in the air. But trouth be told it is a little depressing as things are beginning to die off until the spring awakens them again. 

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
    IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    IVF #2: Apr '
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    IVF #3: June '14
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
    Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

• Options
    Ooops my screen name is PrivateOne.....lovely typo, hee hee.

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
    IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    IVF #2: Apr '
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    IVF #3: June '14
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
    Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

• Options
    1. Your Name or Screen Name ( not full names)  and State you are from: I'm Jchickiem, or Jennifer from Texas

2.  Where are you in your cycle? ( Waiting to O, 2WW etc): halfway through my 2WW

3. If you are seeking medical treatment from an RE or OBGYN, if so where are you in this process? No medical treatment at this time,  but I guess we'll have to cross that bridge soon.

4. Are you preparing for a baby? ( nursery, burying clothes ec..?) We have one two year old LO and I had a MC at the end of December 2012.  I have a secret pinterest board, but unless we have a girl, I have lots of wonderful baby boy things.

5. Are you open with your Family and Friends about TTC?  Why or why not? Yes, I have been very open, if not too open, since the miscarriage.  I was keeping that pregnancy secret and had a big plan to surprise everyone at Christmas, but found out I had a MMC on 12/21; Christmas holidays last year were horrible.  Hoping for good things soon!

QOTW:
    What is your favorite thing about Fall? I love the décor options, the break from the heat, beautiful weather. . .I could go on and on. . .Fall is by far my favorite season.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 37--Thyroid Cancer survivor. H:38. DS born 6/22/2011; BFP#2--11/5/12--Missed miscarriage discovered 12/21/2012.  BFP#3--5/20/14--another MMC 6/16/14.
  • Options
    1. Your Name or Screen Name ( not full names)  and State you are from. Kate from New Zealand

2.  Where are you in your cycle? ( Waiting to O, 2WW etc) 2WW (first cycle actively TTC :-)

3. If you are seeking medical treatment from an RE or OBGYN, if so where are you in this process? NA

4. Are you preparing for a baby? ( nursery, burying clothes ec..?) We're TTC #3 so pretty much have everything.

5. Are you open with your Family and Friends about TTC?  Why or why not? I'm open about us wanting more children, but not details of our TTC movements. No real reason with friends, I just figure they don't really need to know. With family my older sister is CFNBC, so I don't generally talk unnecessary baby stuff around her.

QOTW:
    What is your favorite thing about Fall? We're in Spring over here, but for fall, I LOVE crisp cool autumn evenings and kicking through the leaves.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    I'm so sorry Pinto... Keeping you in my prayers.
  • Options

1. Your Name or Screen Name ( not full names) and State you are from Heather from NJ

2. Where are you in your cycle? ( Waiting to O, 2WW etc) Hoping to O, as its never a guarenteed!

3. If you are seeking medical treatment from an RE or OBGYN, if so where are you in this process? We did 2 IUI, clomid & injectible, 1 failed IUI. No $ or ins coverage for more, so we are going natural.

4. Are you preparing for a baby? ( nursery, burying clothes ec..?) No way 2+ years and never a BFP, if I get KU it will be a miracle. However I did buy a set of wooden blocks 2 years ago cause they were so cute...but now it makes me want to cry when I see them

5. Are you open with your Family and Friends about TTC? Why or why not? Not in the beginning, I didn't want the stress of people asking. Many more people know now and so does my mom, I am glad and annoyed she knows - depends on the day LOL, but she has been supportive if not a little too nosy, my dad does not know!

QOTW:
    What is your favorite thing about Fall.

Its my favorite season!! I love the colors, cool weather, I always feel invigorated in the fall. plus the yummy foods and its the prelude to the holiday season which starts with halloween for me!! I love this time of year!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"