Secondary IF

A small vent (ish)

My acupuncturist said I had to quit coffee (not even decaf!) because it creates too much heat! (You must realize that from a western medicine standpoint it's fine) but, I'm taking a very natural approach right now.

She found my weakness. I LOVE coffee :(

But, I'm paying her too much money to not take her advice!

Boo.

Have you ladies given up bad habits you love for TTC?

Me: 27 DH: 33
Married 6 years
Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
No longer benched per New RE/OB!
Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
March 2, 2014 First AF

Re: A small vent (ish)

• I am trying to wean down on coffee too but its very hard! What did they say about caffeine in general?

6/09 right tube loss (fallopian torsion) 12/09 BFP #1 (DD born 9/10)
    8/12 dx Lupus (ANA+/APA-), 12/12 BFP #2  natural m/c 6w 2d 
    TTC#2  since 9/12  50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #1 Beta 10/4=BFN
                                 50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #2 Beta 11/1= BFN
                                      100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #3 Beta 12/26=BFFN
    100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #4 Beta 2/14= BFFN
    Took a LONG Break
    Lots of Luck and Love BFPB for life KOFMKG
  • I quit caffeine a couple of months ago too. I feel more draggy, to be honest. It takes me longer to get moving in my day, but I know it's actually healthier for me. Like you said, you're paying her a lot - might as well listen to her.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"To be pregnant is to be vitally alive, thoroughly woman, and undoubtedly inhabited" - Anne Buchanan
  • Loading the player...
  • I am trying to wean down on coffee too but its very hard! 
    This is me too.... I am trying to drink just one little cup a day.  So hard because I crave coffee... I LOVE coffee. 

• How are you going to get through the season without pumpkin spice lattes? 

I actually started smoking again after DD, and had to quit AGAIN (back in Jan), how stupid, right? This time it was for good, I am so glad to be done with that awful habit. When I bought a Keurig I went down to one cup of coffee per day (I will never give it up) 

I really need to get rid of all the diet soda! I've been drinking tons of diet coke lately. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How are you going to get through the season without pumpkin spice lattes? 

I actually started smoking again after DD, and had to quit AGAIN (back in Jan), how stupid, right? This time it was for good, I am so glad to be done with that awful habit. When I bought a Keurig I went down to one cup of coffee per day (I will never give it up) 

I really need to get rid of all the diet soda! I've been drinking tons of diet coke lately. 
    I don't know!!! I'm a Starbucks addict!!! :((

Maybe I will treat myself with one once a month if AF comes.

Married 6 years

October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• What? ughhhh. No coffee? I am also trying to be more "natural". Spent $40 on a Chinese medicine fertility yoga CD (which I haven't gotten to use in 2 weeks due to DD having lice) and have slowly started phasing out all skin/hair care products that are not paraben-free and natural. Also phasing out all the chemical cleaners.  Try not to eat fast food any more, and buy all my meats from a store that sells from local farms so everything is hormone free. Beef is grass-fed, and chicken is free range.  Other than that, I have probably cut down a bit on drinking. So yeah, I guess I have moved to a "greener, natural" lifestyle. But I have a serious issue with giving up coffee.

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

• What? ughhhh. No coffee? I am also trying to be more "natural". Spent $40 on a Chinese medicine fertility yoga CD (which I haven't gotten to use in 2 weeks due to DD having lice) and have slowly started phasing out all skin/hair care products that are not paraben-free and natural. Also phasing out all the chemical cleaners.  Try not to eat fast food any more, and buy all my meats from a store that sells from local farms so everything is hormone free. Beef is grass-fed, and chicken is free range.  Other than that, I have probably cut down a bit on drinking. So yeah, I guess I have moved to a "greener, natural" lifestyle. But I have a serious issue with giving up coffee.

Yes! I "saw" you on the Eco-friendly board. Same here, I'm slowly phasing things out.

Married 6 years

March 2, 2014 First AF

• I'm defiant and would switch to ice coffee! No heat right! ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Had a late night last night at Monday Night Football, and I REALLY, REALLY want Starbucks right now.  It's also cold in my office.  Need ~O) ... Want ~O)

• I too am pretty green and have switched most of my personal care and cleaning products to less chemical options but giving up coffee is just too much.  I try to stick with 3 times a week at most, so I feel pretty good about that.  I do have elevated temps during my follicular stage though, so perhaps I should give the "less heat" approach a try.  Perhaps I should look into hypnosis to convince myself that I don't like coffee...
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"