Austin Babies

OB & hospital recommendations? - South Austin

I'm 25 weeks and currently considering changing OBs.  I live in S Austin and would prefer an OB and hospital in this part of town.

I really want as natural a birth as possible in a hospital setting and want to be sure I'm going to a doctor and a hospital where that will be respected.  Any recommendations would be much appreciated! 

Thanks,

Lisa

Re: OB & hospital recommendations? - South Austin

• Dr. Melanie Belt @Austin Regional Clinic OB

St. David's South Austin Hospital

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • I work at south austin st. David's in the nursery and have only experienced good things with dr. Belt. If you are willing to drive, I live in south austin, and we are going to obgyn north. They deliver at st. David's north however they are a dr/midwife practice who strongly believe in natural birth. I'm due with twins in July and they have been nothing but amazing in supporting our decision to do things as natural as possible while keeping mine and the babies safety first.
  • Loading the player...
  • We moved from Austin 3 years ago, lived there 10 years. Dr Buzhart with ARC is awesome!!! He's located at seatin central! We lived in Hutto, and it was a drive for us, but totally worth it!!
    Angelmomof5beautifulchildren&oneontheway!
  • Dr Lisa Schneider at Hill Country OB GYN! I absolutely adore her. She delivers at Seton SW, Lakeway and has three offices.
  • Dr. Belt is my doctor as well and she's great! I also have seen Dr. Breedlove and Dr. Cherry and they both were great. I also delivered at South Austin St. David's and had wonderful nurses!

• Dr. Landwermeyer with Hill County OB GYN.  They deliver at Seton SW.
  • AmazinGrace9AmazinGrace9 member
    edited September 2013
    I see Dr. Oliver at Women Partners in Health. Love love love Dr. Oliver, but absolutely DESPISE her phone nurse! That being said, I'm (unfortunately) looking to change doctors, too, so I appreciate all of the recos!

Sweet Baby #1 - BFP 3/27/13 - EDD 12/7/13 - Blighted Ovum and D&C 4/25/13 @ 7w5d
    Sweet Baby #2 - BFP 8/16/13 - EDD 4/26/14 - Natural MC 8/24/13 @ 5w

Sweet Baby #3 - BFP 9/20/13 - EDD 5/31/14 **stick, little miracle, stick**

BabyFetus Ticker

12/15/13 - Oh my gosh... it's a BOY!! 
  • I see Dr. Grimes at ARC South OB and LOVE her! She delivers at St David's South. I have never used St David's (normally a Seton girl) but my Pharmacology teacher is a NICU nurse there and she says they are a great hospital. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"