August 2011 Moms
Options

Can I get some advice? Potty training related.

Hi everyone...I hope you don't mind me barging in but I'm desperate. I tried to potty train my daughter. She wakes up dry after naps and seemed to get the concept of getting on the potty. I just don't know if she is really ready yet. I feel she doesn't get it. Like where pee comes from or even poop. She was really shocked when she had a few accidents. I tried to explain but I got nothing. Then she started hating the whole thing. Resisted even sitting on it after half a day. I put it away and tried after a while. She simply shut it and said no! The potty training board wasn't helpful for me. Sorry if that was long.

Re: Can I get some advice? Potty training related.

• Options
    Have you tried maybe offering a sticker after she goes potty? We have good days and bad...still on the potty training boat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Mine isn't ready either. He tells when he has to poop but when we ask him if he wants to go on potty he just says diap (his version on diaper)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tried with DD when she was doing the same thing OP. DD did not take to it. I tried the treats but she would throw a fit for more. Try running some water while she is on the potty? We also sing "pee pee, pee pee, I gotta go pee pee" while she is on it. My mom says she is ready now because she wants to take her diaper off when she is wet. So for now I am putting her on the potty when we change the diaper. Don't know if that will work. I did start giving her a book while she sat there and even though she didn't pee, she would sit on it for a good 5 mins.
  • Options
    Agree with PPs, sounds like she is not ready. I'd take a PTing break.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thanks a lot ladies...just needed to make sure what I kinda already felt.
  • Options
    DD was doing this awhile ago. I chalked it up to her not being ready yet. I didn't want to force her to sit on the potty so I let it go. Now we have the opposite problem. For almost a week she has been using the potty regularly without prompts, but only if she's naked. If I put underwear or pants on her she pees through them
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would also lean towards thinking she is not ready yet. I'd hold off for a few weeks and then give it another try. Good luck!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    She may not be ready yet, but I highly recommend The Potty Book. It bridged the final gap for us. Dd still yells "Tinkle, tinkle, toot... Yay hooray!" On occasion after she pees.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"