March 2013 Moms
Options

Short nappers

Anyone else have short nappers like mine? I always read about other babies napping for 1 or 2 hours. I literally get about an hour out of him a day, maybe an hour and a half total for naps. He has always slept in 15-20 minute increments. He might go longer in the car or if he's going through a growth spurt.

He sleeps 8-10 hours at night so that is nice. I used to toil over his naps and spend an hour trying to get him to sleep only to have him sleep for 20 minutes. Oh, the things I could get done with long, normal naps! ;)

Just curious if anyone else had a short napper and how you deal with it.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Short nappers

• Options
    Yep! Same thing. Every once in a while she will do an hour or maybe once a month we get a 2hr nap. Although at daycare she takes a 45 nap and a two hour every day!!! I don't get it
  • Options
    Yes! I'm so jealous of moms with long nappers. His morning nap is usually the longest and then the only way I get more is in the car. He sleeps well at my cousins which is weird, he has taken a 2 hr nap there twice!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is the opposite of what hdall0807 said. She will hardly sleep at daycare. They can only get 2 30 min naps. She falls asleep on the way home from daycare at about 4:15 and sleeps til 7. Then she eats, gets her bath and is ready for bed (STTN until about 5:45a sometimes waking up a few times but once she has her paci she goes back to sleep). Kinda sucks cuz I miss out on playtime :(
  • Options
    yep, mine usually does 30-45 minute naps, and usually a total of an hour and a half all day she's at my moms.  She sleeps great at night though, so I try not to worry about it.  Every now and then she'll nap for an hour.  When she was really little she took way longer naps and I could get so much done!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         
  • Options
    Same boat here too. And every month is seems I need to change my tactics to get her to sleep for naps.

DD #1: March 20, 2013
    DD # 2: May 2, 2015
    EDD #3: March 4, 2018

• Options
    yep, mine usually does 30-45 minute naps, and usually a total of an hour and a half all day she's at my moms.  She sleeps great at night though, so I try not to worry about it.  Every now and then she'll nap for an hour.  When she was really little she took way longer naps and I could get so much done!

This exactly
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"