June 2012 Moms
Options

dumb winter question

This is probably a very dumb question. DD is now touching the back seat w/ her feet and it made me wonder what I should do when her feet are dirty/ snowy. Do you take their shoes off so the snow doesn't melt and get to the back seat and car seat?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: dumb winter question

• Options
    I would rather keep a hand towel in the back to wipe them off than take them off
  • Options
    I think there are seat protectors to help with this, too.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, for the back seat part. But I am wondering about the carseat itself too, because snow will melt and drip on it.
  • Options
    It depends - with DS it was easy to pop his snow boots off once he was in the car.  I would sit him sideways in the seat, facing out, and take his boots off before I actually set him all the way in the seat.  
    If he was wearing regular shoes I kept a towel (actually a cloth diaper-burp rag) to give them a quick wipe.  A lot of times in the winter my kids have blankets in the car (since they can't wear big coats with car seats anyway) so those kept the wet mess contained and then I'd just throw them in the wash.  
    I have leather so wiping the seats down is easy and I'd just throw the car seat cover in the wash when it got bad.  

image   image

• Options
    acbfreire said:
    Yes, for the back seat part. But I am wondering about the carseat itself too, because snow will melt and drip on it.
    Oh, duh. Sorry! It rarely snows here, so I forget about how messy it can be.

• Options
    yes, I am in Minnesnowta... so I guess it matters more to us :)
  • Options
    I hadn't even thought of this!!! Ugh! I wonder if it would be too annoying to take boots on and put them on the floor mat when they get in? That's my only thought!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I will cut a hole in an old medium size bath towel for the lower buckle. It will fit in there about perfect for him to just sit on and hang over the front a bit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"