Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Am I the only one?!

Am I the only one with a (seemingly) constant pooping baby??  

She had her normal 3-4 months of newborn pooping.  Then went to every 2-4 days.  Then around 6 months she was even stretching it 5-8 days.  Then around 7.5 months she started to actually ingest some food (we started BLW at 6 months), and she started pooping every day again.

Now she's 9.5 months and is like a newborn again!  She had 5 poop diapers today.  We cloth diaper, so now I'm spending 5-10 minutes every night rinsing diapers.  When is she going to return to normal pooping habits?!  I'd take once per day at this point...

Complain-a-thon over... But seriously, does anyone else have a baby who poops like a newborn?

Re: Am I the only one?!

• OMG!! DD to a t!! I thought she was trying to set a record the other day! She had 3 poops before 11 am and is up around 6:45/7 am! Most days she will poop 3-4 times a day!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes! Multiple times a day, almost every day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Our LO goes 1 or 2 times per day. I think some food makes them go more. Like peas, peaches, pears, prunes, broccoli....and other stuff like bread, rice, bananas and apple sauce can harden the stool and even cause constipation if they eat it too much. Check this article out. I know my son poops more when he has peaches and peas. https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/constip.htm#.UjkU38u9KSM
    1st BFP 10/11/11. MMC 9wks 3days.Measuring 6wks 1day D&C 11/15/11 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers "http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • BBhopes15 said:
    Our LO goes 1 or 2 times per day. I think some food makes them go more. Like peas, peaches, pears, prunes, broccoli....and other stuff like bread, rice, bananas and apple sauce can harden the stool and even cause constipation if they eat it too much. Check this article out. I know my son poops more when he has peaches and peas. https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/constip.htm#.UjkU38u9KSM
    She eats peas, broccoli, peaches and pears - maybe once each per week.  Otherwise doesn't really consume those other things.  And she eats the foods on the BRAT diet list a lot!  Her poop is immune to the "firming up foods" apparently :P
  • We do BLW too and most days DD takes 1 poop but sometimes it's 4-5. She can't eat rice more than twice a week or she gets really constipated. She does have bananas almost every day though.
  • I WISH we could get our LO to have poops every day. I give her an abundance of poop-inducing food and stay away from BRAT foods and poor thing still has hard poops and only goes once every 3 - 4 days. And she's breastfed. Ugh!
  • JJ_13 said:
    I WISH we could get our LO to have poops every day. I give her an abundance of poop-inducing food and stay away from BRAT foods and poor thing still has hard poops and only goes once every 3 - 4 days. And she's breastfed. Ugh!
    this sounds like my kiddo.  i really didn't want to introduce juice, but the only thing that has gotten him to poop even every other day this week is 2 oz of apple juice mixed with 2 oz of water every morning with breakfast.  we caved and tried it after a week of him straining with no results.  
    DSCN9655

in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God, in Christ Jesus, for you
    1 thessalonians 5:18
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"