June 2012 Moms

Diaper switch causing rash?

Hey there! Has anyone had experience w a switch in diaper type causing a diaper rash? All of the sudden dd got a terrible one in the course of one day, and the only thing different was that I started using huggies instead of pampers because they were on sale and dd loves Minnie.

Does anyone know- could the different type of diaper be the cause? I never experienced that w my first child; I could switch back and forth no problem.

Re: Diaper switch causing rash?

• I am not sure. DD had a bit of a rash w/ Huggies wipes, so we stuck w/ Pampers. I know of kids that have allergies/ rash from switching diaper brands. Go back to the original one until it clears and try one more time if you want to be sure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I used to love Target brand diapers since they felt more like Pampers and were really thin. They changed them into these thicker ones and LO got a massive rash that I had to take him to the doctor for. 

I just barely started putting him into Luvs during the day. I was only using Pampers for a few months since I was nervous about that happening again. 
  • Loading the player...
  • We use Pampers and the Sam's Club brand. DD does fine w/ the combo.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Yes, when switching in reverse though from Huggies to Pampers (which we noticed was mildly scented). Diagnosed as a diaper allergy rather than conventional diaper rash. Asked us to use 1% hydrocortisone cream which helped clear things up - that and switching back of course.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"