Toddlers: 24 Months+

Lego Duplos?

I know these are pretty popular with the toddler set.  I just got DS a couple sets that we saw in the store.  My question is do these things come in bigger sets that are just a bunch of legos, or are they all sold in separate boxes with different themes? (The two we got we Jake and the Neveland Pirates themed, in two separate boxes, and I saw a bunch of other kinds too).   I wanted to get him more sets at Christmas but it seems like a pain to keep track of which blocks go with which set....or maybe you just throw them all together?  These things are expensive lol, seems like they throw a couple characters in there and double the price.
DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!

Re: Lego Duplos?

• I used craigslist to get a bunch of non-themed ones.  I believe amazon carries the unthemed sets as well.

IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We bought DD a tub of non-themed duplos a few years ago from the lego site.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DD loves duplos!  We got her the zoo and train set because they came with so many animals and people.  Then we bought a big tub of non-themed from amazon and just threw them all together
  • You can get a tub of plain, non-themed pieces. We have at least three tubs, plus a few little themed sets and just mix everything together. The girls sort it out when they want, or just use it all mixed up for a party with the zoo animals and Winnie the Pooh!
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • SAMs club has the tub for a great deal in their toy section,
  • We have a non themed one and a themed one---we keep them all together so that she can play with them at the same time. I think for Hanukkah we will get her one of the smaller Jake and the Neverland Sets--just because she LOVES the slide, and loves for her toys to "slide down" 
    My daughter is my hero.
  • I would suggest checking out yard sales. My sister and I always had a TON of legos growing up, because my parents loved yard sales and would always pick up any they found.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"