TTC after 35
Options

BFN question/late period/hypothyroidism-updated

Eastie156Eastie156 member
edited September 2013 in TTC after 35

I usually roll my eyes at these kind of posts, but I hope you won't, because I'm seriously confused! It's long, as well.

I intro'd a couple weeks back and H and I weren't yet TTC #2, but were going to start TTC soon. So, AF is late. I was due to get it on the 13th, it's only 5 days late, but literally it's never late. I mean, in my 34 years, it's never been late. I poas at 3 days late and today at 5 late, but just got negatives. With my son, I got a BFP at 3 days prior to my expected AF.

My cycle is 28-29 days and has been that way for the last 8 or 9 months since I stopped bfing my son. Before my son was born, my cycle was usually always 30 days.

I'm also hypothyroid (diagnosed in March) and have had 4 dose increases in the last 6 months, the latest being about 3 weeks ago. It's never affected my cycles before, could it be now?

Or could I really be KTFU and its just not reading HCG levels yet? Utterly confused!

ETA: I finally got AF yesterday at CD 35. I signed up for FF friend yesterday to better help me track. Thanks for all the help!

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

Re: BFN question/late period/hypothyroidism-updated

• Options
    Unfortunately multiple negative tests do mean not pregnant, and by this 'late' it should be positive if it was going to be. Our bodies are not machines and cycles can change at any time, especially as we get older, and if I had a dollar for every person on these boards who said they're always regular, I'd be living in a castle in England by now. It seems womens' bodies love to mess with our minds, they're stupidly good at confusing and frustrating us.

My guess is that you ovulated late, which is making your cycle longer. You aren't charting, are you? I strongly advise that you get an account with Fertility Friend and pick up a bbt thermometer so you can start charting. FF also has wonderful free tutorials on charting and how to track your cycles and know what your body is up to. Also, if you hop on over to the Trying to Get Pregnant board, their blog has some really awesome information about charting, FF, and such. Good luck!

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    gscoville has said... you don't know when or if you ovulated if you aren't charting/ops etc...  And in TTC there is never a "normal" cycle to cycle.   Stress, illness, and even a medication change ( I assume you are on synthroid) can delay ovulation.

Keep testing every few days and if you don't get your period in a couple of weeks call your doctor and they can give you something to jumpstart it.
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the help!

• Options
    Adjusting your thyroid medication also affects your cycle.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    stephzrn said:
    Adjusting your thyroid medication also affects your cycle.

What surprises me is that the first three adjustments didn't affect my cycle at all. So this last one does, but I guess I'm just trying to figure out when my cycle will show...I've never had irregular cycles. ever.

• Options
    It may not be the meds.... it can be anything or just a wonky cycle....
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"