Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

What are your recommendations for babyproofing cabinets that do not have knobs?

My kitchen and bathroom cabinets do not have knobs. I was looking around online and it looks like they have magnetic key things or appliance straps that could possibly be put on cabinets. Has anyone had experience using either of these? I'm kind of hesitant to use the magnetic key things if it means that part of the apparatus has to be nailed to the inside of the cabinet. Any suggestions?
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image

Best Answer

Re: What are your recommendations for babyproofing cabinets that do not have knobs?

• Options
    Are they wood or partical board ? We have had both. With wood you can use the kind you screw into the inside of the cabinet . Since we lived in apartments where we couldn't do this we used ones that stick to the cabinets . They work well for us .
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

They are probably partical board made to look like wood.  We'll probably at some point want to sell our hose, so I don't want to start putting little holes in every cabinet. Do you remember what brand was the sticky ones? From the pictures I have found online, all I'm finding are the screw in ones.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    I am using a strap kind that stick on the cabinet on the outside. I think they are safety first. It is like a strap, and can be used on drawers, cabinets, microwaves, etc.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Options
    I am using a strap kind that stick on the cabinet on the outside. I think they are safety first. It is like a strap, and can be used on drawers, cabinets, microwaves, etc.

I'm considering these - have you ever tried removing them? Do they remove pretty easily or do they leave a mark on the cabinet?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ss265 said:

I'm considering these - have you ever tried removing them? Do they remove pretty easily or do they leave a mark on the cabinet?

I wish I could tell you. I haven't yet tried to take them off. The instructions imply that they come off cleanly, but I have no personal experience with the removal.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Options
    I wouldn't be overly worried about holes, unless you have super fancy cabinets or something I doubt people are going to look for the little inside holes. More likely messing with the outside finish would be a problem.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be overly worried about holes, unless you have super fancy cabinets or something I doubt people are going to look for the little inside holes. More likely messing with the outside finish would be a problem.
    I disagree. As someone looking to buy a new house we open the cabinets to see the condition of the inside before making our decisions. We don't want a house that looks good on the surface but is crap behind the scene.  
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Options
    MMason12 said:

I disagree. As someone looking to buy a new house we open the cabinets to see the condition of the inside before making our decisions. We don't want a house that looks good on the surface but is crap behind the scene.  

I would just leave the locks installed in that case. The magnetic ones you can turn on and off so you can use them for a future kiddo. It's not like you destroy the cabinets or anything, it's two tiny screw holes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"