South Carolina Babies

Charleston Mom's

Can you recommend any good childbirth prep classes? I have been unable to find a Lamaze class, but did find a Childbirth Prep from St. Francis.
*Found out at 9 1/2 weeks that a little one is on it's way in November!*BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Charleston Mom's

• I went downtown to MUSC. As a first time mom it was helpful. You have to sign up for the classes in advance and they are Mon or Tuesday nights from 79.
  • We went to Roper St. Francis. The L and D nurse was really experienced and the class was just ok. The best part was the tour and that you can actually get for free.

Also, you may want to look into where your doctor has rights to practice and where you plan to give birth as a factor. I gave birth at Roper St. Francis and do not plan on doing so again if their very stringent protocols continue. Again, the nurses and my doc were awesome but the hopsital policies were not.

• Loading the player...
  • I 2nd Roper. Their staff is really helpful and knowledgeable. I think their childbirth classes were only like $75/couple, and some of their other classes, like infant cpr and bf, are about $45.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"